Author Topic: Disable Pushback V1.9  (Read 5050 times)

Mika

Disable Pushback V1.9
« on: December 03, 2014, 04:08:07 pm »
Hi,

since the new Update V1.9 I´m not longer able to deactivate the pushback. Seems that something has changed here. I mean at positions were are not pushback is needed. I selected "no" at the pushback direction but the pushback truck is still there and will do the pushback, if I select "prepare for departure".

What I´m doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mika

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Disable Pushback V1.9
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 04:14:04 pm »
Already asked and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11137.msg85971.html#msg85971

It's a new feature which has been requested by many users in the past, the ability to always have at least a straight pushback, even when the parking specified "none".

If you don't need pushback, press the GSX menu again and stop it, so the service vehicles will go away.

Mika

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 08:32:01 pm »
Thank you for your reply!

Please don´t get me wrong but this (im my opinion) is really a step back! I use a lot of positions where no pushback is needed. It is really a athmosphere killer to see at each parking position a pushback truck. Just cancelling the procedure is a even more athmophere killer!!!

Is there no way in the future to bring back the option to disable the pushback?

Thanks,
Mika   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 02:01:38 pm »
Please don´t get me wrong but this (im my opinion) is really a step back!

We added it because MANY users asked for it. And because in most of the cases, a parking has been set to "None" because of a developer oversight (ADE supported editing it very late), rather than intentionally.

So, users (and users are always right...), asked to have a straight pushback always available. Which, if you think about it, it's how FSX operates, since FSX itself doesn't make any difference between "Both" and "None", and always allows its default pushback, regardless.

I use a lot of positions where no pushback is needed. It is really a athmosphere killer to see at each parking position a pushback truck

At those parkings, you can always use the parking configuration editor to move the pushback starting position out of the way, like inside a building or in a nearby parking.

Is there no way in the future to bring back the option to disable the pushback?

There's nothing to "bring back", we should probably add a NEW separate option that wasn't there before, to explicitly disable the pushback so, if that option is selected and the preference is "None", you'll get the straight pushback, but if that option is enabled, the pushback will not even be an option.

Mika

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 12:54:43 am »
What more can I say!? I´m really disapointed and let me say I not alone even if "MANY" users have asked here for that option. Of course I can bring the pushback-truck out of the view. But when I select "prepare for departure" it still will start the pushback and just cancelling is a big athmospere-killer as I already have said.

See my point of view. For me it is a very easy thing to add a pushback to parking positions where it is missing (ADE e.g.) But right now I see no way to delate it from GSX ...

One last question. Is there a possibility to switch back to the older version?

Thank you for your help!

Mika

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 12:57:53 am by Mika »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 10:00:58 am »
What more can I say!? I´m really disapointed and let me say I not alone even if "MANY" users have asked here for that option.

Yes, you are basically alone, but we had countless request to always get at least a straight pusback, so we added it. We'll see what we can do with this additional request.

See my point of view. For me it is a very easy thing to add a pushback to parking positions where it is missing (ADE e.g.) But right now I see no way to delete it from GSX ...

No, there isn't, and it would be very wrong doing that just for "the atmosphere", because you'll lose a lot of other improvements that would "kill atmosphere" much worse than the odd pushback in the FEW places where pushback should be really disabled. 90% of the times, a "None" pushback was the result of developer oversight.

And in any case, the older version had the opposite problem: once you set a parking to "None", there wasn't a way to get a pushback there, unless you reset it with the editor. Which means, with the older version, you couldn't simulate a situation were pushback is NORMALLY allowed, but for some reason you don't need it for that flight, unless you left the parking always enabled, and enter in the GSX scenery editor to set it to "None" for THAT session. And THIS "kill atmosphere" MUCH WORSE than having to start pushback and then cancel it, because it required exiting from the flight for a moment.

So no, the old version wouldn't solve anything and, as I've said in my previous message, we should probably add a NEW separate option that wasn't there before, to explicitly disable the pushback so, if that option is selected and the preference is "None", you'll get the straight pushback, but if that option is enabled, the pushback will not even be an option.

Gerwil

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 11:24:58 pm »
What more can I say!? I´m really disapointed and let me say I not alone even if "MANY" users have asked here for that option. Of course I can bring the pushback-truck out of the view. But when I select "prepare for departure" it still will start the pushback and just cancelling is a big athmospere-killer as I already have said.

See my point of view. For me it is a very easy thing to add a pushback to parking positions where it is missing (ADE e.g.) But right now I see no way to delate it from GSX ...

Thank you for your help!

Mika

The solution is simple. Don't click 'Prepare for departure'. Just close the doors when boarding is complete, the stairs will go away and you are ready to go.

olekga

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 07:15:28 pm »
Hi Guys,
iam not using the straight pushback but i think it is a good option. Not good is, that no pushback is no longer no pushback. I also agree its an atmosphere killer. I was just wondering what i did wrong and why there is always a pushback even if i select none... After Forum review i know. IMO four option would be better (left, right, straight, none) and everybody would be satisfied. Looking forward for more improvements, Good jobs so far! Thanks
Alex

jgoggi

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 09:25:09 am »
Hi, sorry for bringing back this old topic, I just wanted to know if there are any updates on the no-pushback item. I depart from Reggio Calabria LICR airport and there is no pushback, there, so an option not to have the pushback would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 02:04:46 pm »
We'll try to add it in the next update.