Author Topic: No "smoke efect" on de-icers  (Read 3517 times)

Cristiano Mueller

No "smoke efect" on de-icers
« on: December 03, 2014, 01:12:39 pm »
Hi guys;

please take a look at my de-icer video:

I have only the de-icer spray, but I can't see that "smoke efect" at the wing that I saw at other videos. I tested with PMDG, Aersoft and others, and the result is always the same.

What I'm doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciate.

Best regards
Cristiano Mueller

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No "smoke efect" on de-icers
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 01:40:51 pm »
I have only the de-icer spray, but I can't see that "smoke efect" at the wing that I saw at other videos. I tested with PMDG, Aersoft and others, and the result is always the same.

What I'm doing wrong?

The installer surely installs everything you need to see the smoke effect. It's possible you simply were at the wrong viewing angle: have you tried turning around the airplane with the camera ?

Unfortunately, the special effects in FSX are very buggy with regard to visibility, and we don't have any control on this. On P3D, the fixed this bugs, and the effects are visible from every angle.

Cristiano Mueller

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 01:44:15 pm »
I will try this tonight, Umberto.

Thank you very much.

Best regards
Cristiano Mueller

Cristiano Mueller

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 11:15:35 pm »
Hi Umberto;

I just test the de-icer, and is not a matter of camera angle.

One thing I noticed is that I can not hear the de-icer dialogue, too. Only the green stripe appears, but without sound. The pushback dialogue is normal, only the de-icer dialogue is the problem. I'm downloading the full installer right now, let's see what I can get.

Best regards
Cristiano Mueller

Cristiano Mueller

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 12:26:01 am »
It's me again.... hehehehe

Umberto, everything is solved now. When I opened the control panel to uninstall GSX, the version of GSX appeared that there was 1.7.9.8 (or something like that). Very weird. It is as if it had upgraded but "had not updated."

But a complete reinstall was enough.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards
Cristiano Mueller

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 01:15:51 pm »
Umberto, everything is solved now. When I opened the control panel to uninstall GSX, the version of GSX appeared that there was 1.7.9.8 (or something like that). Very weird. It is as if it had upgraded but "had not updated."

No, that doesn't have anything to do with your problem. The version number reported there indicates which version of the full installer you used when you used the full installer the last time. It won't change if you use the various updates.

The most likely explanation, is just that you upgraded the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, which was one of the two steps required to update, but haven't installed the current gsx vehicles update, which includes all the files needed, including the smoke effects.

The full installer of course fixed everything.