Author Topic: Problems with "GSX Customization" and "APPLY" button  (Read 3070 times)

psykie

Problems with "GSX Customization" and "APPLY" button
« on: December 02, 2014, 04:39:08 am »
Hello Umberto

I'm having trouble with the GSX Customization and the "APPLY" button.  Most of the time the "APPLY" button does not "grey out" when I click on it and the customization was NOT saved.  I have gotten it to grey out but only after multiple tries and some parking spots have yet to grey out.   I'm not sure if its because I have two programs running i.e., FSX and AFX.  I need my AFX open so that I can copy and past the nodes.  Any help in this matter would be great!  Thanks.

Matthew
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems with "GSX Customization" and "APPLY" button
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 10:12:33 am »
I can't reproduce this, and nobody ever reported it before.

It's not normal the Apply button doesn't change its status normally. It should be greyed out when you enter the parking customization dialog, and it will be clickable as soon as you change a single parameter, indicating you haven't saved the changes. It will be greyed out again, as soon as you press it, indicating your changes has been saved.

I can't find any possible reason why it doesn't work on your system, other than maybe a permission problem in your user account, so you are not allowed to write in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, which is not normal since that's a folder you should always have write permissions. Perhaps the airport .INI file can't be written, so the button wouldn't greyout. But if this was the case, I would guess GSX would display an error, if the file write failed for some reason.

There are no problems using it together AFX, copying & pasting from AFX nodes readouts is exactly what I routinely do to make scenery edits.

psykie

Re: Problems with "GSX Customization" and "APPLY" button
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 04:00:12 pm »
Hey Umberto

I do have a feeling its something I'm doing!  Perhaps I should reset the parking spot back to default before I use the new parking customization.  I will tinker with it.  Like I said, sometimes it works. 

Matthew
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.