Author Topic: -14 C and no deice option? **SOLVED**  (Read 14767 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: -14 C and no deice option?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 04:54:51 pm »
In the thread I've not seen the need for a "vehicle" update before.

Not in this specific thread, but the need to install the vehicle updates to complete the update correctly is indicated in the following places:

- The release notes that you should always check when you are prompted to do an update automatically

- The update announcement thread in the forum:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11072.0.html

- The email announcing the update that has been sent to all users registered to the forum

So, either try downloading the vehicles update, or download the current full GSX installer.

Jeff869565

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 05:22:06 pm »
Thank you, that was it.  Downloading a vehicle update is what was needed.  Sorry I was unaware.  Thanks again for your help.  Take care.

psykie

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 12:18:54 am »
Hello Umberto

OK, is that why I didn't see the option for Di-Ice since I fly the Lear 45 and its too small?  If so, YES, PLEASE add a smaller deicing truck for corporate aircraft and one that will service the default Lear45 and other payware Bizz Jets.  Also, it would be a GREAT option to be able to have the de-icer truck de-ice the Bizz Jet after it is pushed out to the taxi way or another area of the airport rather than at its parking area (or have the option for both).  Thanks again. 

Matthew
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 01:23:34 am by psykie »
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 11:05:12 am »
OK, is that why I didn't see the option for Di-Ice since I fly the Lear 45 and its too small?

Yes. The current vehicles doesn't work well on small airplanes.

If so, YES, PLEASE add a smaller deicing truck for corporate aircraft and one that will service the default Lear45 and other payware Bizz Jets.

We'll consider it. GSX, overall, has always been dedicated to airliners, we are considering (after the upcoming Cargo addon) another expansion geared to small airplanes or GA.

psykie

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 09:24:17 pm »
Right On!!  Thanks Umberto!

Matthew 
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

MaZe

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2014, 04:01:25 am »
Hi and thanks for a superb addon to FSX!

I've had some issues with the addon earlier due to the lacking support for LSH Maddog MD80 but nowadays it works perfectly. Apart from de-icing, no matter what airport I choose the de-icers and de-ice option does not appear.

I've done excactly as the update suggests, either full installer or updates+vehicles. Neither makes any effect. The addon is newest version and in GSX settings I can adjust the measurements for LSH Maddog MD80 de-icing but still the option to have de-icing is never there.
Yes I use weather addon ASN, but I've also tried to alter (and use) FSX weather directly and temperature has been in the required range, below +4C.

Could you please help me with this problem?  :-\

Best regards, M

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2014, 11:28:37 am »
Yes I use weather addon ASN, but I've also tried to alter (and use) FSX weather directly and temperature has been in the required range, below +4C.

It's not clear from your message if you are missing de-icers with the LHS MD 80 only, or from any airplane. Have you tried a default airplane ?

MaZe

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2014, 10:05:43 pm »
Hi!

Thanks for your quick reply. No I haven't tried any default or any other plane for that matter. I have a homebuilt sim (ongoing project) so I didn't even think about that option. I will try that and see if it makes any difference.

What other option is there to do, uninstall and reinstall? Does my serial work if I uninstall and reinstall the whole program?

Regards, M

MaZe

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2014, 02:52:28 pm »
Hi!

I tried a default aircraft and FSX temp set to less than +4C and still there was not deice. I uninstalled to whole thing, ran the installer again and now it works. Apparently it didn't update all things correctly the first time even though I had the correct version of the software.

Thanks for a superb addon to the experience. :)

Regards, M