Author Topic: P3D 2.4 and GSX. Lost GSX Menu.  (Read 5340 times)

sslazio1900

P3D 2.4 and GSX. Lost GSX Menu.
« on: December 01, 2014, 10:25:39 am »
Hi guys!

After months of indecision, i bought GSX using Black Friday discount.

Yestarday i took my first flight, enjoyng this fantastic addon. I was on ground at Malè Island with my Boeing T7, and i correctly set it up in a C&D state to start GSX Services. I've correctly got catering and Gate vehicles while i'm doing my preliminary and preflight procedures to get by bird ready to fly.

Once accomplished this procedures (about 30 mins later) i wanted to start boarding. Pressing CTRL+F12 nothing was appeared. So i made a rapid search on this forums, someone tells to restart Couatl.exe. Ok, i've done, but once again GSX menu wont appear.

So, i took my flight without any Airport Service :(

How i can do to avoid this strange behavior? What stops GSX Menu from properly working?

My config:
i7 3770K @4.5GHz with disabled HT
660Ti
8GB 1600MHz
Sim installed on SSD Samsung 840PRO
W7  64bit

Sim: Prepar3D 2.4 Academic Licese
ORBX FTX Global + Vector + OpenLC Europe (all at the latest version)
REX4 Texture Direct
ASN
Flying On IVAO (IVAP 2)

For this specific flight:
PMDG 777
Aerosoft Maldives X
FlyTampa Dubai Rebooted 2.3

GSX bought from the web, correctly activated by Serial just before this flight. After activation i rebooted my sim to get GSX working... but i've got with this strange behavior :D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:27:25 am by sslazio1900 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D 2.4 and GSX. Lost GSX Menu.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 10:44:12 am »
Once accomplished this procedures (about 30 mins later) i wanted to start boarding. Pressing CTRL+F12 nothing was appeared. So i made a rapid search on this forums, someone tells to restart Couatl.exe. Ok, i've done, but once again GSX menu wont appear.

Is just couatl menu missing, or even the addon manager menu ?

sslazio1900

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 11:46:46 am »

Is just couatl menu missing, or even the addon manager menu ?
After 30min, when CTRL+F12 becomes inhoperative, Addon Manager Menu was in place.

Restarting Couatl.exe addon manager disappears, without any chanche to get it back again without a sim reboot.

In other words: when CTRL+F12 becomes inhoperative, i've to reboot to enjoy again GSX.

Thanks a lot for support.
Emiliano

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 03:03:25 pm »
Restarting Couatl.exe addon manager disappears, without any chanche to get it back again without a sim reboot.

Try to enable Logging in the "Troubleshooting" page under the "GSX - Settings" menu, and check if you have a Couatl.err file, after you notice that CTRL+F12 doesn't work anymore.

Note that, is also possible the conflict is caused by another addon trying to use the same key combination. If two addons try to use the same key combination, it will usually result in a lockup.

sslazio1900

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 05:28:04 pm »

Try to enable Logging in the "Troubleshooting" page under the "GSX - Settings" menu, and check if you have a Couatl.err file, after you notice that CTRL+F12 doesn't work anymore.

Note that, is also possible the conflict is caused by another addon trying to use the same key combination. If two addons try to use the same key combination, it will usually result in a lockup.
Already done both of this actions ;)
Actually after last flight is not present any log file.

When i've got the keys not working i immediatly looked for a commands conflict. But there is nothing using the same shortcut, it should not have run since i started my flight. No addon was started later.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 05:34:10 pm »
Already done both of this actions ;) Actually after last flight is not present any log file.

Of course you must restart FSX after you applied the setting to enable logging. If the Couatl menu at least *starts* (you say it disappear after a while), if you enabled Logging. you MUST see AT LEAST the Couatl.LOG file, because this is created when FSX starts, if logging is enabled.

You might not get a Couatl.err, because that one is instead generated only if there's an error, but the Couatl.LOG should always there. If it's not there, either you haven't enabled logging, or you haven't restarted FSX after having enabled logging OR the Couatl program hasn't even started.

Another possible (well, not really, because it's very unlikely it will happen, since there are explicit checks against it) reason, is that there's a Couatl.exe running in the background from a previous FSX session that for some reason didn't close when FSX closed, and that will cause the menu to disappear at the next start and no log created too so, check with Task Manger there's no Coautl.exe running, and then try again:

- Enable logging

- Exit from FSX

- Restart FSX

- Exit again and check if there's a log file. If you can't even create a log file, it's useless to even discuss other steps, because they are ALL depending on information found on those log files, especially the Couatl.ERR