Author Topic: Left Side Cargo Door  (Read 3665 times)

amberfluid

Left Side Cargo Door
« on: December 03, 2014, 07:01:07 am »
Hi,
Is it possible to implement GSX to work with an aircraft that has a left side cargo door? My favourite aircraft is the Embraer E135/Legacy 600 and it's such a shame that the baggage truck just goes to the right side of the plane, waits a bit, then drives off again. Is this option planned for the future?
Regards
Steve

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Left Side Cargo Door
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 01:44:44 pm »
This option has been there for more than one year, and there are many 3rd party airplane already included that have cargo being loaded from the left side, for example the Majestic Dash8, but also several models from Feelthere, including the ERJ 135.

If your airplane is not internally supported, you can do it yourself using the airplane configuration editor that comes with GSX, by moving one cargo door to the left side AND rotate it 180 degrees, so the green arrow in the graphical editor will point to the outside.

amberfluid

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 11:12:13 pm »
Wow, I did what you said and low and behold the belt truck goes to the left side cargo door and the baggage truck is loaded/unloaded using it. The only problem is the belt vehicle starts off on the right side and drives straight through the aircraft then does a very unrealistic 180° pirouette (turns 180° on the spot) and does the same thing in reverse after loading/unloading which rather kills the moment. Is there any way to make the vehicle drive around the aircraft?
Regards
Steve  

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 01:17:35 pm »
Is there any way to make the vehicle drive around the aircraft?

There isn't. The vehicles doesn't know anything about the aircraft tail. You can probably fix it by playing with the starting position of the baggage loader in the parking customization screen.

amberfluid

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 04:02:15 am »
Thanks, I'll try that. It definitely works better in a larger parking spot. I can't believe I've wasted a year not knowing this but I'm very pleased I do now.
Cheers
Steve