Author Topic: Bug De-Ice **SOLVED**  (Read 8264 times)

Artur

Bug De-Ice **SOLVED**
« on: November 29, 2014, 09:54:15 am »
Hello Umberto, nice update bwy 1.9, but you have to resolve the following bug: after de-icing, no push back available. I've try to make ctrl-F12 to recall the menu, and at point 5 I selected de-ice complete, and return the push-back option, but when I call again and select nr.2 option no de-ice, there is still no push back option. Waiting for news update.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 02:51:12 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bug De-Ice
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 10:22:29 am »
There was surely a problem when the parking pushback preference is set to "None", the Straight pushback option didn't appear, but other than that, it's working.

And, even that bug is already fixed in the current Live Update so, if you ran the installer after we fixed it, you already got it, because it downloaded it on the fly while you were installing it, and if you haven't, you can get it through Live Update anyway without reinstalling.

There's another smaller issue left (which will fix too soon), that if you customize the parking position with the GSX editor, you must always select "Restart Couatl" after you made any changes, otherwise pushback won't start in that session.

Artur

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 02:45:21 pm »
I think I first customize my parking position now that I remember, because I didn't want a staircase on my gate ... I will give a try and let you now. Thanks.

PatrickM

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 12:38:16 am »
I have a similar problem.
I don't have the pushback option after selecting de-Icing. I checked the customization panel and pushback direction was set to both (without touching the afcad file).

Downloaded GSX again today and the stand alone manager (just to make sure- shouldn't be needed).

Using Prepar3Dv2.4
regards Patrick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 12:47:57 am »
I have a similar problem.

Please indicate the precise, exact location, the airport used, the gate used and the airplane used. If the scenery is not default, please indicate the scenery used.

PatrickM

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 01:11:28 am »
It happens everywhere.. I have the problem in ENAL (freeware: Airports of Norway, Gate 11), ENGM (Aerosoft Oslo v2, Gate 11+13), ENBR (Aerosoft, Gate 10+11), ENZV (Aerosoft - again, Gate 20). PMDG NGX.
regards Patrick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 01:16:37 am »
It happens everywhere...

No, it doesn't. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked you where it happens, since I can't obviously seen anywhere, except in another single case of a user-modified scenery that we are investigating on.

Maybe it happened to some airports you tried...but surely not "everywhere".

I have the problem in ENAL (freeware: Airports of Norway, Gate 11), ENGM (Aerosoft Oslo v2, Gate 11+13), ENBR (Aerosoft, Gate 10+11), ENZV (Aerosoft - again, Gate 20). PMDG NGX.

Ok, now please describe the problem more precisely. It's JUST the pushback menu not appearing, or you have one or both deicers "stuck" close to the airplane after the completed the deicing ?

In that case, your problem is different to the one discussed here related to the pushback preference set to "None" (which HAS been fixed already in the current update), but it's a "vehicles stuck" problem, which is what I was referring to in the case of that user-modified scenery.

PatrickM

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 03:31:44 am »
In a previous post in a different thread (which you have deleted) I said that I opened the "costumization panel" and the pushback direction was set to both by default.

And the pushback menu doesn't appear..
regards Patrick

Artur

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 07:03:26 am »
So.. No push back after de ice. If I select call de ice, everything it's ok, but when is finish the de ice, the truck goes away but the push back  option doesn't return. The push truck stay there without moving and nothing happend. If I don't call de ice all is perfect. Push left, right. This happend at all airport. I try the defoult one at LROP, the payware one LHBP from LSHSimulation, etc. I have downloaded the full installer also, but it's the same. No push back after de ice call. Without de ice call have push back.
Let's say more clear: there is no error or freeze or ctd, everything works perfect, is just like when GSX has finish the job wich has to do. Infact if I open again the menu with ctrl-F12, at point 5 I have de ice complet, I push nr.5 and I have the option again "prepare for push back..etc". I select again, I select then nr.2 to not call the de-ice, but nothing happend then. Of course as I use pmdg 737 ngx or airbus x wich have they're own push back, doesn't bother me, but there is still this problem of GSX. Maybe you should make a video where you show every step wich works, so I can see if I make something wrong myself or not. Maybe I don't follow the right steps...hwo knows?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 07:32:27 am by Artur »

Artur

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 11:41:55 am »
k the only way to have push back after de-icing is to push the nr.6 Reset position and to recall the menu for push back. ???

crauds

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 12:27:36 pm »
@ Artur

I am having a very similar experience.  But for me, after de-ice, I push CTL-F12 and the menu (as you stated) now says for option #5 that "deicing completed" but when I push #5 again, nothing happens.  I don't get the pushback option like you did.  I had to reset GSX (option #6) before I could again get the option to pushback.  Then when I select #5 for pushback I no longer get the option to de-ice, it just gives me pushback direction options.  I have presented the issue to Umberto and sent him my AFCAD for the airport I used along with my GSX file for that airport.  Several others in this forum are reporting similar issues with default airport parking positions as well as with updated AFCADS.  For others, everything must be working, so it is a mystery.  Umberto is very diligent and I am confident he will soon come up with the solution.  In the meantime we can just use the workaround. 
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 01:20:12 pm »
In a previous post in a different thread (which you have deleted) I said that I opened the "costumization panel" and the pushback direction was set to both by default.

And as already explained in this thread, if you go to the parking customization dialog, you must "Restart Couatl", otherwise pushback won't work.

floed

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 04:42:24 pm »
I am having exactly the same problem.  De-ice works fine but then no push back.  If I am clear, although the manual says pushback will start automatically, Umberto is saying that it is necessary to reset GSX to commence pushback - is that correct

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 05:11:41 pm »
Umberto is saying that it is necessary to reset GSX to commence pushback - is that correct

Yes, but if it's necessary to do it in the specific situation of the parking/scenery you tried, then just use it, at least as a momentarily workaround until we find a better fix.

floed

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 10:21:28 pm »
Thank you so much Umberto and thank you for a fantastic update. The deicing trucks are superb.