Author Topic: Old topic, CYVR low FPS then crash **SOLVED, not an FSDT problem**  (Read 4357 times)

t4murphy

I know this has been an issue in the past and may be a ORBX issue. I start at CYVR with a PMDG 737 without any issues. Taxi to runway with 20-30 FPS. Im in WIN 7 64 bit on DX10 with Steves Fixer. Not running max but at med settings with NI set according to guide. 2500K at 4.6gz and a NVidia 770. No issues with other FSDT airports. After takeoff things are okay until about 5 miles out at 3000-5000ft then FPS begin to stutter from 25-30 down to 3-5. eventually becoming a slide show. Usually headed east. Flew from ORBX Squamish CYSE with good frames the other day but short distance out of CYVR, same FPS at 3-5 then unflyable but no OOM. I usually hit end flight but FSX will stop working usually. I have tried less complex planes to no avail. I went in and hunted down every CYVR.bgl in Global, World, Orbx PNW. Shut down UT2 ,ASN, and still happens. Shut off Pacific NW on FTX central though using FTX Global. Scenery library entries are where they need to be. Uninstalled and reinstalled CYVR 1.4. still falling FPS and then unflyable, never OOM though. Frustrated, in the past it seem to be solved by downloading newest addon manager but that didnt work. anybody having this issue.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:57:37 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Old topic, CYVR low FPS then crash.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 01:12:44 pm »
I start at CYVR with a PMDG 737 without any issues. Taxi to runway with 20-30 FPS.

This clearly proves the airport itself is fine and it's not the cause of low fps.

No issues with other FSDT airports.

You don't have any problem with CYVR too.

After takeoff things are okay until about 5 miles out at 3000-5000ft then FPS begin to stutter from 25-30 down to 3-5. eventually becoming a slide show. Usually headed east.

This clearly proves that whatever is causing your fps loss, is ANOTHER scenery, that comes into view ONLY when you are flying away from CYVR. So, CYVR is clearly not the issue.

Uninstalled and reinstalled CYVR 1.4. still falling FPS and then unflyable, never OOM though. Frustrated, in the past it seem to be solved by downloading newest addon manager but that didnt work. anybody having this issue.

By trying to act on CYVR or the Addon Manager, you are just wasting your time, because it's fairly obvious, from your report, the problem is something else, because you always noticed it when flying OUT of CYVR.

Try this simple test:

DISABLE CYVR in the Scenery Library, restart FSX and start a flight from the default CYVR under the same conditions, follow the same route, and see if you still have the same fps loss at 5 NM out.

t4murphy

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 06:32:55 am »
I think I found the culprit. Awhile back I downloaded several North American FTX Global airport packs which included some in close proximity to CYVR. I unchecked that box in the scenery list and hopped on the stock 737 and did a takeoff and flew out to the trouble area and did a 180 and flew back without an issue other then the slight pause for CYVR to pop to life on approach. No issues so I hope that was the problem. I would hate to have had to disable one of my favorite airports. :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:35:10 am by t4murphy »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 08:37:58 am »
 Interesting results.. Which airports did you disable?