Author Topic: problem with Addon Manager  (Read 17995 times)

SWR2831

Re: problem with Addon Manager
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2014, 11:21:19 pm »
Because after installing Addon manager everything ceased to operate. On the top sheet: Flights - Options - Addons.... / Addons: lost of fsuipc, squawkbox and many more. only addon manager and coualt (gsx settings) are still there. it has so much to do with it..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2014, 11:43:11 pm »
Because after installing Addon manager everything ceased to operate.

That's not what you said. You said the MD11 and the other weather program didn't load so, based on that report, it seemed that everything else is working. Now you are saying another thing.

On the top sheet: Flights - Options - Addons.... / Addons: lost of fsuipc, squawkbox and many more. only addon manager and coualt (gsx settings) are still there. it has so much to do with it..

Again, it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with this. What is really happening, is that your EXISTING DLL.XML file was probably ALREADY corrupted before installing GSX, usually because of hand-editing done wrong, or having edited with the wrong program (like Word or Wordpad, for example)

The GSX installer obviously CHECK the XML file, using the official XML validation library that comes with Windows. This is done for the obvious reason that, if we tried to modify an already-corrupted XML file, it would probably create even more problems.

So, if the validation test fails, because your XML file was already corrupted, the GSX installer will ASK YOU what you want to do. You have the option to either ABORT the installation, so you can try to FIX the file yourself, or to create a NEW XML file, that will surely correct, but will contain JUST the Addon Manager line.

You chose to create a new file, so your XML file has been recreated, that's why you only see the FSDT menus under the "Addons" menu.

OF COURSE, the installer ALSO created a backup, so you can restore you existing XML file, and try again, maybe you'll understand why it was already corrupted in the first place. You'll find the backup file in the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX folder, alongside the current DLL.XML

SWR2831

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 12:13:40 am »
i said this:  I installed last Addon manager: lost of all Add-Ons, like FSUIPC,Sqawkbox,PMDG settings...and so on. PMDG MD-11 cannt be load (fsx crash), FS global weather cannt be load in fsx HELP?? .... and this: Because after installing Addon manager everything ceased to operate. On the top sheet: Flights - Options - Addons.... / Addons: lost of fsuipc, squawkbox and many more. only addon manager and coualt (gsx settings) are still there. it has so much to do with it..

because everything works fine before i instlled your super update. thx fo help.. forget

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 12:21:46 am »
because everything works fine before i instlled your super update. thx fo help.. forget

I obviously helped you, because I TRIED to make you UNDERSTAND what the real problem was. You are confusing the cause with the effect.

The effect was that after you told the installer to create a new XML file (because you existing one had an error), you "lost all your addons", but the cause is NOT the GSX or Addon Manager installer, the cause was your already existing file corruption of one of your XML files.

because everything works fine before i instlled your super update.

And there's a reason for this which, again, you are mistakenly thinking there's something wrong with our installer, when there's isn't.

FSX is quite tolerant to syntax errors in the XML file. It will just skip the corrupted line so, you might not have a single 3rd party module, but maybe you haven't realized it.

But since we must MODIFY that file, we CANNOT risk touching something that is not 100% correct, because the result would be an even more corrupted files.

WHICH IS WHY, the installer checks the file BEFORE touching it, and will ASK YOU what to do. And if you allow to create a new file, it's normal and expected you'll lose all the existing installed lines if you do that.

WHICH IS WHY, the installer also create A BACKUP

Do you understand NOW ?

scallito

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 02:14:18 am »
Hello,

I installed  the latest Addon Manager update and FSX is quitting at start to the desktop without any errors.

I installed it without the antivirus and i configurate it to ecclude from scanning bglmanx.dll and Couatl.exe, FSX still quitting at start to the desktop without any errors.

My configuration: Fsx acceleration and Windows XP

do you have any solution ?

thank's.

best regards

BavarianAir

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2014, 01:32:28 pm »
Same problem for me. FSX seems to crash to desktop everytime I start injecting weather with ASE.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2014, 01:38:41 pm »
I installed it without the antivirus and i configurate it to ecclude from scanning bglmanx.dll and Couatl.exe, FSX still quitting at start to the desktop without any errors.

As I've already replied in this same thread, if FSX is QUITTING to the desktop without any errors (so it's not a crash), you are probably having the same problem discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10489.0.html

So you must follow the indications in that thread.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2014, 01:43:27 pm »
Same problem for me. FSX seems to crash to desktop everytime I start injecting weather with ASE.

What "same problem" ? This thread discusses FSX quitting to desktop when it STARTS, so you can't even go to the first screen. Your problem is entirely different and there's no indication it has anything to do with GSX.

There was another thread on our forum, which reported a crash only when using Active Sky, which seemed to have been fixed by that user by resetting the FSX.CFG to default:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8301.msg67994.html#msg67994

And, there's another thread that discuss potential issues to be aware of when using Active Sky:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8849.0.html

BavarianAir

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2014, 01:59:20 pm »

What "same problem" ? This thread discusses FSX quitting to desktop when it STARTS, so you can't even go to the first screen. Your problem is entirely different and there's no indication it has anything to do with GSX.

There was another thread on our forum, which reported a crash only when using Active Sky, which seemed to have been fixed by that user by resetting the FSX.CFG to default:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8301.msg67994.html#msg67994

And, there's another thread that discuss potential issues to be aware of when using Active Sky:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8849.0.html

Well, usually I start ASE prior to FSX, so I wouldn't know the difference. Just by chance I forgot to do it this time and tried again to be sure.
Fact is:
FSX, GSX and ASE worked perfectly together before the update. With the vehicle update and Addon Manager update, nothing worked anymore. With a complete new install of GSX and without ASE I am at least able to launch a flight. I will not ruin a FSX.cfg that works/worked perfectly and took like forever to build to its current condition. If that means to say bye-bye to GSX, so be it!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2014, 02:17:54 pm »
Well, usually I start ASE prior to FSX, so I wouldn't know the difference. Just by chance I forgot to do it this time and tried again to be sure.
Fact is: FSX, GSX and ASE worked perfectly together before the update.

Fact is, that NOTHING in the current GSX update can have any relationship with Active Sky, I can't see how adding de-icers could affect Active Sky. GSX reads the temperature, of course, so if Active Sky but it always read it even before,

With the vehicle update and Addon Manager update, nothing worked anymore

Installing the GSX vehicle updates and the Stand-Alone Addon Manager would result in having the same GSX files as the full installer.

With a complete new install of GSX and without ASE I am at least able to launch a flight

You said yourself what the real situation is: GSX is running normally without ASE. FSX is crashing with ASE. That's clearly indicates what's causing the problem

I will not ruin a FSX.cfg that works/worked perfectly and took like forever to build to its current condition.

I think you got it backwards: according to THAT user report, the FSX.CFG you don't want to "ruin" might be the CAUSE of the issue, perhaps a tweak you read about which shouldn't applied.

But that's besides the point. You don't have to "ruin" anything. The obvious course of action, to try that solution, would be:

- Create a COPY of your existing FSX.CFG and then remove it, or MOVE IT to a safe place, like your Desktop

- This will result in FSX recreating it from scratch, so at least you can TRY if your issue has anything to do with the FSX.CFG.

There might be only two outcomes out of this:

1) either this will fix the problem, like the other user in one of the linked thread did, so we can start looking WHAT tweak caused it, so you can get back your SAVED FSX.CFG and remove just the offending one

OR

2) it won't make any difference, so you can restore your existing FSX.CFG, and report back here that "it wasn't the FSX.CFG", so we might look for other solutions.

In BOTH cases, you'll never "ruin" your FSX.CFG

If that means to say bye-bye to GSX, so be it!

Do you realize that you could go to the Active Sky forum with this sentence of yours:

"With a complete new install of GSX and without ASE I am at least able to launch a flight"

And it would be entirely logical THEY would have to reply with some help, or you should say "If that means to say bye-bye to ASE, so be it!" ?

BavarianAir

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2014, 03:19:48 pm »
Apparently you overread the essential message I was trying to submit, which was the follwoing:
FSX, GSX and ASE worked perfectly together before the update. (of GSX)

That clearly indicates that GSX must have caused the issue. Not ASE or some tweaks I made to the FSX.cfg. If I go to the Active Sky Forums and tell them about the problem they will immediately send me back to you with close to 100% certainty. And why wouldn't they? They haven't changed anything for sure.

But just to please you, I will try with a rebuilt FSX.cfg.

EDIT: The problem persists. As soon as I launch ASE, FSX shuts down with the new .cfg.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 03:39:45 pm by BavarianAir »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2014, 05:27:32 pm »
That clearly indicates that GSX must have caused the issue.

This doesn't "clearly" indicate any of that.

It only indicates you are noticing a problem now, but there's no indication that it wasn't there before. You are assuming that it "must" be GSX, just because it has been updated, but that's an assumption, it could well be that something else changed in your FSX install, and you never got the chance to notice it before.

As soon as I launch ASE, FSX shuts down with the new .cfg.

THIS, instead, clearly proves the problem is caused by ASE. Would you like to try a Teamviewer session, so I can have a look at your system ?

BavarianAir

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2014, 01:15:11 pm »
I'm not a fan of the Teamviewer idea. How big is the chance, you can solve the issue by using it? BTW: ASE is off the hook, the CTDs occur also without weather.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2014, 02:55:49 pm »
I'm not a fan of the Teamviewer idea. How big is the chance, you can solve the issue by using it?

The obvious reason for asking to connect with Teamviewer, is that it happens only to you, so without having a look at your system and see what's REALLY happening on YOUR system, it's impossible to even start discussing a fix, which is not even sure (without looking at YOUR system) that is something that should be fixed in GSX in the first place.

Do you see hundreds of other users reporting the *same* problem ? Obviously not, that's why it's easier if you just let me check.

In the real world of IT support, getting remote assistance is considered a privilege, or something you pay for.

BTW: ASE is off the hook, the CTDs occur also without weather.

"without weather" is the same as "without ASE" ? Or, are you saying the "With a complete new install of GSX and without ASE I am at least able to launch a flight", sentence of yours wasn't accurate ?

BavarianAir

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2014, 03:58:10 pm »
I deinstalled GSX, downloaded a new copy, installed it and launched FSX. On the first attempt I didn't even get to the opening menu of FSX. On the second attempt I could start a flight, even activated GSX but after about 2 minutes FSX froze, just after the beep sound you hear after boarding is complete. ASE was inactive all the time.

I am of course thankful for your offer of remote assistance, but I have concerns about letting a stranger have access to my system. I will think about it and let you know.