Author Topic: GSX binging about parking brake after last update  (Read 19211 times)

Driver8

GSX binging about parking brake after last update
« on: November 22, 2014, 01:42:31 pm »
Hello, have an odd little problem with GSX since the last update.  I am getting the "GSX Set parking brakes immediately!" message when i shouldn't be :)  During the couple of flights I've flown since the most recent GSX update, when i first load FSX in free flight, and whenever i return to the sim from saving or something like that, i'll get the "BONG!" noise and parking brake message flash by once VERY quickly (so quick, in fact, i had to save a flight like 3 times, and have my eyes locked on the screen where i knew the message would pop up when i returned to the sim in order to even confirm it was the GSX message :) ).

I haven't done a "full investigation" yet, but i know that i can reproduce it by going to the save screen and returning to the sim.  I've had it happen now in the Aerosoft A321, and in the PMDG 737-800 - just flown those two planes since this started, so i can't say if those are the only aircraft i get the message with or not yet.  Didn't matter if i was on the ground or in the air, and when first loading the sim it happens right away, before i even have the chance to call for GSX services.

Now, in fairness, this really doesn't seem to affect anything whatsoever - it was just a bit unnerving having the "BONG" warning noise there when i wasn't expecting it, until i finally managed to catch what the message said and knew it wasn't something else going wrong :)  Just thought I'd mention it though because i see one other person in one of the A320 threads seems to be getting this too.

--------- BUZZ

cubalibre2001

Re: GSX binging about parking brake after last update
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 11:06:02 pm »
i have the same problem...this message appears casually with any type of flight.....

canprince

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 12:43:35 am »
Interesting!  I have experienced the same thing with PMDG 777 and the Airbus when starting a flight.  The green bar comes up so quickly at the top of the screen, I am not able to ascertain which product was complaining.  I chalked it up to me, the user.    :-)

This issue actually started right after the last update.

Regards,
Miro

boilerbill

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 06:54:03 am »
I noticed the same problem on my initial flight of the new iFly 747-400. I thought it was something that I had done, but now I'm starting to wonder.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

psykie

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 04:21:05 pm »
Same here!  I often start a flight and have to save it to open it later and resume my flight.  I'm getting a "Bong" sound when reopening my flight.  I fly the default Lear 45.  "OK stop laughing at me but I like flying the Default Lear45.  Anyways, I'm experiencing the same thing and it started just after the last update.   :-\ 

Matthew
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:23:12 pm by psykie »
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

curt1

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 07:43:13 pm »
Same issue with me.  Anytime I enter another mode, such as checking the map or entering FS Recorder, I get the Bong sound when I return to FSX.  There's also the message about the brakes, but it's very brief.  I also don't think it's interfering with anything, as my planes appear to perform normally.

PatrickM

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 08:25:30 pm »
Noticed the same here.
regards Patrick

moondawg926

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 05:28:34 am »
Same problem Here. Just started after update. Happens in almost any plane.

Olympic260

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 08:17:15 am »
same here, I get the sound and brief message on FSX screan no matter which plane on random instances and every time in the air

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 09:06:48 am »
I can't reproduce the problem.

First, the last update changed only ONE thing: it added the correct ParkingBrakes code to JUST the latest versions of Aerosoft A321/A320, because their airplane folder name has changed in later releases, so GSX didn't recognize those airplane correctly.

NOTHING else has changed in the entire GSX code, and nothing has changed in the Parking Brakes handling, EXCEPT it now works with all Aerosoft variants.

If you are not in an Aerosoft Airbus variant, the Parking brakes handling is exactly the same as it always was since GSX has been released, which simply checks the official Simconnect FSX variable that holds the Parking brakes, and nothing else.

As I've said, I can't reproduce the problem, either with any default airplane or with an Aerosoft Airbus, and I tried doing the same ( going to Save flight and going back to the sim ), but I can't see it.

The only possible explanation I can find, is either:

- Another add-on IS setting the FSX Parking brakes variable, even for a very brief moment. It might be a problem with joystick assignments, maybe a joystick not properly calibrated is sending random braking commands.

However, the parking brakes are not checked if the Sim is not on ground, which of course is checked using the standard FSX Sim On ground variable so, if this is happening while flying, the only possible explanation is that even that variable is not set properly.

So, maybe, there's a problem with GSX communicating with FSX, so variables cannot be updated correctly or they are read with wrong values. This MIGHT be caused by another addon that is sending too many commands to Simconnect, to GSX cannot communicate for FSX properly, because the communication channel is flooded with requests by something else.

BTW, GSX is checking for the Parking Brakes and if the Sim is on Ground only once every 4 seconds, which is the lowest possible update speed, so it's surely not flooding FSX with requests.

hadoken

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 09:41:57 am »
After the last update, I have this same issue as well. I get this BONG error message imediatley after the scenery loads up. And I will also get it in mid flight. I also see the gsx parking brake error message flash quick when I hear the BONG error message in mid flight. A good way to reproduce this issue is to use the latest version of GSX, start a flight, I used the NGX in FSX, and select a menu screen that will take you out of the scenery such as Display, and select cancel. You should then hear the BONG sound when the scenery come back up. I can reproduce this error everytime using those procedures.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 10:11:44 am »
As I've said in my previous message, I cannot reproduce the problem. This is what I did:

- I uninstalled GSX entirely

- I reinstalled it using the current installer that is posted online now.

- Selected the PMDG 737 NGX

- Selected a menu like Display or Save flight, selected Cancel, no BOING or any message coming up.

Tried both with Parking Brakes on and off, no change, works in both cases. Tried with a default airplane too, nothing.

pikalaxalt

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 03:30:26 pm »
I see this is a widespread problem brought about by the Live Update.  I'm having this problem, too.  The only change that was made between not observing vs. observing the problem was the installation of this latest Live Update.  The problem can be triggered by opening the AccuFeel menu (which I have been doing lately to turn it off as it interferes with the A320/A321).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 04:59:33 pm »
As I've said, nothing in the Live Update could affect an airplane other than the Aerosoft A321, which wasn't previously recognized, and now it is. Reinstalling GSX is exactly like applying a Live Update, because the files downloaded are exactly the same, coming from the same place and installed in the same way.

The rest of the code that handles parking brakes in GSX hasn't been changed in months, and GSX is not trying too detect parking brakes while flying, unless the FSX variable for the Sim on Ground is being (wrongly) set by another add-on but this shouldn't happen everywhere, you must ALSO be inside an airport AND not flying, in order for GSX to do anything or even starting to check for parking brakes.

And ss I've said, I can't reproduce it in any way. Could you please indicate sure reproduction steps, using a DEFAULT airplane on a DEFAULT scenery ?

flibinite

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 05:20:41 pm »
+1 same problem here, so far on every flight with the CS 707, QualityWings Avro, Simcheck A300 in the last 2 or 3 days. All flights start with the 'boing' noise when the AC is loaded at a gate. Is there a way to roll back to the prior GSX version?