Author Topic: KFLL always raining half of the cenary  (Read 3101 times)

LIMA68

KFLL always raining half of the cenary
« on: November 09, 2014, 10:12:11 pm »
 :'( why it is raining all the time at KFLL in one side of the airport????

if you land from 10L west to east it's dry but as soon you pas the interception of C, B star raining even if you set the wether to clear sky.
Does any one has had this problem ? I need some help with it!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KFLL always raining half of the cenary
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 09:48:26 am »
We'll look into it, there might be a small problem with the materials flags.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 06:15:54 am »
I've had this happen in the past at KFLL, KDFW and FlyTampa's KBOS where it will be raining on half the airport but once I taxi across a certain area the rain will stop. If I slew back to where I came from it will start raining again. I reported something similar in the KFLL section a few years back  (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,2434.0.html)   thinking that there was interference with another weather station in the area where I would have certain conditions on approach to 10L and once I would pass the freeway the weather would change again.

I've come to learn that I don't think it's an issue with the airports but an issue with the weather engine used. At the time I was using either default FSX weather, ASE, or AS2012, can't remember for sure. But, since I started using ASN I have never had it happen again.

iamarimed

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 06:50:31 pm »
I would like to second this problem as well. I have default weather engine and just did a reinstall of FSX on a clean Win7 install.

To add to the information above if I select downloadable weather (static or 15min) I get the above issue as well as if I clear all weather.
Further if I download weather and then go to user defined and click on the FLL weather station it will tell me "moderate precip" whereas all the others (HWO, MIA, boca) all show fairly reasonable weather to whats outside my window.

I have the day off so if you need team viewer or video of the issue contact me!.
Thanks
Dr. AC

Lude2Envy

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 05:52:34 pm »
Is this something that happens all the time, or just sometimes? Maybe it just depends where your respective weather engines are injecting rain into the simulator. When I used to live in Florida, there were several times I remember it raining on one side of the street and not the other.
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD