Author Topic: Jetways  (Read 3768 times)

Lude2Envy

Jetways
« on: November 03, 2014, 12:15:15 am »
Can someone please refresh my memory - do any of the FSDT sceneries require AES for movable jetways in FSX, or is that for FS9 only? Thanks.
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Orion

Re: Jetways
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 02:28:20 am »
No, they don't.  FSDT uses the FSX native inverse kinematic method of animating jetways.  You activate the jetways by parking in an appropriate spot and pressing Ctrl+J.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:30:07 am by Orion »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 10:30:24 am »
That's correct, and also you can use the full GSX for free on any FSDT or Flightbeam airport, even if you haven't purchased it.

Lude2Envy

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 02:06:41 pm »
No, they don't.  FSDT uses the FSX native inverse kinematic method of animating jetways.  You activate the jetways by parking in an appropriate spot and pressing Ctrl+J.

Yeah I know that. Thanks.........I just did a fresh install of everything and couldn't remember if some of the older sceneries that I haven't used in a while needed AES for jetways. I didn't want to waste my AES credits on them for nothing.
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

767 Pilot

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 03:40:18 am »
Funny....cant remember the last time my jetways moved! I have all the on's that need to be on and the off's that need to be off....EVEN at a FSDT airport where the "follow me" car takes me to the proper gate( large...medium...etc...) and when I get parked PERFECTLY and call for the gate I get a prompt...." TOO LARGE FOR GATE" I even have the GSX and that too hasn't made a difference...

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 08:33:42 am »
Funny....cant remember the last time my jetways moved!I have all the on's that need to be on and the off's that need to be off....

I think you are confusing many different things. First, moving jetways:

- Jetways works at all FSX airports that use the standard jetways animation method using CTRL+J, provided that:

1) You have "Advanced animations turned on" in the graphic settings

AND

2) The airplane.cfg for the airplane you use correctly indicates the x,y,z coordinates of the main door in its [Exits] section

AND

3) You are parked correctly, inside the jetway detection radius. This is not a sure thing, and also depends on the radius of the nearby parking. If two parking are overlapping, it's possible the jetway won't work, or the one from the nearby parking will instead

EVEN at a FSDT airport where the "follow me" car takes me to the proper gate( large...medium...etc...) and when I get parked PERFECTLY and call for the gate I get a prompt...." TOO LARGE FOR GATE" I even have the GSX and that too hasn't made a difference...

This can't just happen. To have a Follow Me car, you must select a parking in GSX first, so you can then ask for a Follow me car. And, you can't select a parking that's listed to be too small for your airplane so, the situation of having taxied all the way with the assistance of a GSX Follow me car, and then discover you can't be serviced there because the parking is too small, simply cannot happen, since GSX wouldn't let you to select that parking to begin with.

However, this is totally unrelated to the jetways being able to move or not, and it's only related to the ability of GSX to provide you with services.

As explained many times on the forum, and of course on the GSX manual too, the parking size information is taken directly from the scenery AFCAD, lacking any better information. So, if the scenery author has set a certain parking size, but you still want to park there, you should first be sure your airplane WILL fit. There IS a sound reason why GSX won't let you select a parking that is too small for your airplane: if not even the airplane fits the parking, how you do expect GSX would ever be able to fit, and maneuver its vehicles there ?

Now, the real question is, is that parking REALLY too small, or the scenery designer has set it that way for some reason ? This is where the GSX Parking Customization page is for: you can OVERRIDE several settings that are normally read from the AFCAD, to the ones you want. This way, a parking that is large enough for your airplane, but it has been set to be small in the AFCAD by the scenery author for some reason, won't be a problem anymore.

Again, this is totally unrelated to jetways, as with everything in GSX is entirely unrelated to jetways. The one and only kind of interaction between GSX and jetways, is that GSX can recognize if a parking has a jetway (a standard FSX-animated one), and stop displaying front stairs or the passenger bus there.

And that's it. Nothing else changes, as far as jetways operation is concerned, if you have GSX or not. Jetways will continue to work or not work as they were before.