Author Topic: P3D Install Issues w/ KJFK/KLAX/KORD/GSX  (Read 3911 times)

cstei255

P3D Install Issues w/ KJFK/KLAX/KORD/GSX
« on: October 28, 2014, 03:39:31 pm »
I was surprised that three off FSDT offerings didn't detect P3D when I installed them.  All the others did and downloaded corrected into P3D (eight other downloads).  I am not a computer wiz - which is why I spent the $10 for the P3D Migration Tool.  When I enable the P3D Migration Tool and install either KLAX, KJFK, KORD, or GSX I get this message "This product requires Prepare3D 1.3.3708 or 1.1.4747 to be installed".  I have the latest version of P3D.  One example after installing is that for KJFK you only see ramps vs. terminals.

Does anyone know why these particular airports/GSX don't detect P3D vs. the others and then once they are installed after tricking them w/ the Migration Tool why isn't the scenery displaying correctly.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D Install Issues w/ KJFK/KLAX/KORD/GSX
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 03:41:51 pm »
Does anyone know why these particular airports/GSX don't detect P3D vs. the others and then once they are installed after tricking them w/ the Migration Tool why isn't the scenery displaying correctly.

ALL our current installers properly detect P3D up to the latest version. And, you MUST disable the Migration tool, otherwise they won't work. Just be sure you use the current version of the installers, not some older installer you might have downloaded in the past.

cstei255

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 03:48:19 pm »
First of all, probably the quickest response I've received from a forum - thank you!  And yes, I downloaded KORD and it installed perfectly - as I recall the other airports were at the early stage of my flying so I sure they too will load after I download the latest version.

Thank you.

cstei255

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 03:59:02 pm »
One thing I noticed - all airports and GSX did load correctly, but the JFK2 file did not detect P3D.

cstei255

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 03:59:55 pm »
CORRECTION - it was the JFK2 'Update' file that did not detect P3D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 04:13:58 pm »
That update is not needed, because it's supposed to be used by users that downloaded the first 2.0 release. But the current full installer is already the latest 2.1 version, you don't need that patch.

cstei255

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 07:02:18 pm »
Thank you.