Author Topic: Need IFR Plates in image format  (Read 3642 times)

rfresh737

Need IFR Plates in image format
« on: November 30, 2014, 05:02:16 am »
Does anyone know where I can get IFR plates in an image format such as .jpg? All I see are .pdf file formats.

The reason I am asking is that I want to import some IFR plates into an Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) that only accepts images and not .pdf files.

Thanks...

Lude2Envy

Re: Need IFR Plates in image format
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 08:04:06 am »
Does anyone know where I can get IFR plates in an image format such as .jpg? All I see are .pdf file formats.

The reason I am asking is that I want to import some IFR plates into an Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) that only accepts images and not .pdf files.

Thanks...

Which EFB? If it's Aivlasoft, they have a nice PDF library feature. Otherwise, take a screenshot of the plate and convert to a JPEG with Paint in Windows. There's a nice program I use called Simplates Ultra X. It's a one-time purchase and has almost every plate in the world with free, regular updates. They also have an iPad app. The plates are PDF files, but you can still do what I just mentioned to convert them to JPEGs. Hope this helps.
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

rfresh737

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 05:47:39 pm »
This is for the CaptainSim 777 EFB.

So far, I found one site that will let me checkbox what plates I want for a specific airport (they list all the plates for that one airport, so that's good) and then I click on Submit and the plates show on the screen in gif format. I was hoping they would all down load at once.

Well, here is specifically what I am trying to do: the CaptainSim 777 has an Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) that you can copy IFR plates into a certain folder and they will show up on the EFB screen.

I am a developer and wanted to write a small application that I could select from a drop down list what airports (origin and dest) I am flying today and have it copy all the needed plate files into that certain folder and delete the ones previously there. That would make setting up for a flight with the EFB much faster.

So I thought I could down load maybe 10 airports worth of IFR plates (100+ plates in jpg or gif or png format) and keep them all in one lib folder for my app to pull from. I just didn't want to have to convert each plate one by one.

So I found that one site, www.fltplan.com, that will display gif plates for one airport and I can down load the plates, but only one at a time, so maybe that's as close as I'm going to get.

Lude2Envy

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 06:29:38 pm »
This is for the CaptainSim 777 EFB.

So far, I found one site that will let me checkbox what plates I want for a specific airport (they list all the plates for that one airport, so that's good) and then I click on Submit and the plates show on the screen in gif format. I was hoping they would all down load at once.

Well, here is specifically what I am trying to do: the CaptainSim 777 has an Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) that you can copy IFR plates into a certain folder and they will show up on the EFB screen.

I am a developer and wanted to write a small application that I could select from a drop down list what airports (origin and dest) I am flying today and have it copy all the needed plate files into that certain folder and delete the ones previously there. That would make setting up for a flight with the EFB much faster.

So I thought I could down load maybe 10 airports worth of IFR plates (100+ plates in jpg or gif or png format) and keep them all in one lib folder for my app to pull from. I just didn't want to have to convert each plate one by one.

So I found that one site, www.fltplan.com, that will display gif plates for one airport and I can down load the plates, but only one at a time, so maybe that's as close as I'm going to get.

Do you have a client computer that you can run over a network? If you do you should definitely check out Aivlasoft's EFB. It can also run on the FSX computer, but it's exceptionally nice running over a network on a client. It's much better than just having plates show up on the Captain Sim EFB and you can use it with every aircraft in your hangar. Plus you won't have to worry about downloading plates, let alone converting PDFs to image files.
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

rfresh737

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 07:08:02 pm »
Thanks for the thought. I don't have a setup for that. I'm really looking for a solution to use the CS 777 EFB. But I appreciate your suggestion. Thank you...