Author Topic: Addon Manager AFCADS Files  (Read 5002 times)

Bob G.

Addon Manager AFCADS Files
« on: November 23, 2014, 04:02:25 am »
Just today I ran the VIRTUALI Addon ManagerX Setup Wizard Version 2.9.0.24 and when it was installing it ask me if I wanted to update the AFCADS files and I said yes. Can someone tell me if I should have said yes or should I have said no. Because I said yes what did it do?

Thanks
Bob G.

psykie

Re: Addon Manager AFCADS Files
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 04:26:21 pm »
Hey Bob.  I'm glad you ask this question.  I too am curious about this.  GLAD you asked!  :)  I am tracking this conversation.  

Matthew
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 09:30:20 am »
This has been discussed many times already on the forum, and the question has been added following user's requests. Previously, it always downloaded the latest version of the AFCADs without asking first. Now, it asks first.

The reasons for this is that, when it was downloading them automatically, it created a BACKUP of the existing AFCAD so, in case you like to modify the AFCAD, you won't lose your modifications.

Some users that DO like to modify the AFCAD, found the procedure to restore from the backup (which contained their own modifications) to be a bit annoying, so we added the question to download or not.

So, basically:

1) If you like to modify the AFCAD, you might want to reply NO, although I wouldn't suggest doing this, and would rather say to reply YES and check the backup then, because replying NO might result in not getting the latest file, and this might be useful even for AFCAD-tweakers.

2) If you don't modify the AFCAD, you should always reply YES.

Bob G.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 05:51:56 pm »
I guess I have forgot what the afcads files are, could you please explain to me what they are and what they do?

Thanks
Bob G.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 06:12:00 pm »
They define parkings and taxiways, basically.

Bob G.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 06:19:09 pm »
What do you mean when you say if I like to modify the AFCAD file, how and when would I do this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 06:28:02 pm »
If you are asking this question, then it's best you don't touch them, not without learning something about scenery design first, and this is not really the place. You don't need to modify the AFCADs, the airport works just fine with the supplied files.

Bob G.

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 06:45:04 pm »
OK, Thanks for all the help and info!!

Bob G.