Author Topic: ntdll.dll-CTD after having installed LSZH Zurich **SOLVED**  (Read 3128 times)

ikarus2010

ntdll.dll-CTD after having installed LSZH Zurich **SOLVED**
« on: October 16, 2014, 06:24:34 pm »
Hi,
would be grateful to you experts to get your hints and tips how I can repair and save my big fsx filled with many addons. The strange thing was - before the CTDs happened - that LSZH was according to  the addon manager installed but not in the library which is wrong. I could see in the scenery library that fsdt LSZH is there, but does not show in the game. I could see only the passenger boardingbridges and runways,  taxiways  but not the buildings.  The problem is now that the fsx splash screen always disappears within seconds as CTD after having started FSX. In the events section of my PC (Win7 64) the cause is always a problem with the ntdll.dll file in c/windows/sysWOW64.

Man thanks for your help and best regards

Alfredo
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:19:37 am by virtuali »

streichholz

Re: ntdll.dll-CTD after having installed LSZH Zurich
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 01:19:51 pm »
The ntdll.dll crash can be resolved by copy the UIAutomationCore.dll in your FSX rootfolder.

ikarus2010

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 02:12:11 pm »
Hi Streichholz,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Actually I have already the Uiautomationcore.dll in the FSX rootfolder but the ntdll.dll error is still continuously occuring. What is your opinion?: I have downloaded a fresh ntdll.dll according instructions from Chip.de but did not yet exchange it with the original dll in Windows/sysWOW64 where it is residing. 
Thanks a lot and  best regards

Alfredo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 10:45:41 pm »
The only thing sure, it's that an ntdll error cannot be possibly caused by having installed the scenery. It's not so simple as just copying the UIAutomationCore.dll in the FSX root folder, it depends which version you are copying. Sometimes, it might be even better to have no UIAutomationCore.dll at all.

Don't even *think* to manually replace the ntdll downloaded from something else, this is a core OS file, if you are not totally sure which version your are using, chances are you are going to entirely mess up your whole windows by doing this.

Are you using the CURRENT version of the scenery installer ? Years ago, we used to place an UIAutomationCore.dll with our installers, trying to *prevent* crashes, but after getting many conflicting reports (some users fixed the crashes entirely with it, some *started* to get crashes with it) we don't install it anymore now. So, if you used an old Zurich installer that installed it, try to remove it, and use the latest Zurich installer.

If, instead, you already used the latest Zurich installer, the UIAutomationCore.dll didn't come from it, so you might try just removing it and see if it makes any difference.

However, ntdll crashes are not caused ONLY by UIAutomationCore.dll issues, there are dozen of other possible causes for it, like corrupted files, exhausted memory, etc. None of them is usually related to a scenery, problems with sceneries usually cause g3d.dll errors instead.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:49:47 pm by virtuali »

ikarus2010

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 10:15:48 am »
Hi, Umberto,
Thanks so much indeed for your quick reply. I appreciate very  much the way you handle queries regarding fsdreamteam products. In the past I have received several replies from you always at once. Regarding my ntdll.dll case everything is now settled and it was definitely not the problem with your LSZH scenery. Another file was the real cause and now I managed to recover my FSX.
Thanks a lot again for your detailed input.

Best regards

Alfredo