Author Topic: GSX not working after install of QW757  (Read 3412 times)

pstrsto

GSX not working after install of QW757
« on: October 10, 2014, 03:36:10 pm »
After installation of the Qualitywings 757 collection GSX is not working. No response to Shift+Ctrl+Alt+F12. 'Couatl powered addons' and 'Addon manager' menu entries are present but I can't open any of them. FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries are active and displayed correctly. Deinstallation of the 757 solves the problem. Obviously I would like to have both working.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working after install of QW757
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 04:14:57 pm »
There's no reason why installing the QW757 could have any effect on GSX. It's not possible, because the QW757 installer comes with exactly the same Addon Manager that is used by GSX, and it downloads it from the same place ( our server! ).

Also, since you are seeing both menus (Addon Manager and Couatl), means they are both running normally, which excludes any problem like antivirus blocking, etc.

So, according to your own report, it seems that your only problem is that you can't open the menus, which is something that nobody ever reported before, and surely not in relationship with the QW757 installation.

Have you tried installing GSX after the QW757 ?

pstrsto

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 11:14:05 am »
I have found that the real cause is FSUIPC which was not installed previously. Installation of the latest version of FSUIPC causes the problems described in my original post. I'm aware that this issue is almost certainly not caused by any of your products but do you have a clue what might be the problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 03:24:47 pm »
I'm aware that this issue is almost certainly not caused by any of your products but do you have a clue what might be the problem?

I'm sorry, but none of our products use or interacts with FSUIPC. If you use P3D, it's likely you must need a new FSUIPC build, because a new one is needed each time there's an update of the program, but for FSX, I really can't say.