Author Topic: blurred instrument panels  (Read 2573 times)

billchoo

blurred instrument panels
« on: September 14, 2014, 07:53:17 am »
Since downloading Chicago O'Hare airport all instrument panels are blurred.  The gauges all look fine but any switches are blurred and functions unreadable.  Also any aircraft selected has outside skin details blurred (airline features are also missing).  Any suggestions?  I am using FSX and windows 7, 12gig ram, Core i7 CPU. All controls work as they should, just blurred switches and skin.

William

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: blurred instrument panels
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 10:58:28 am »
I can't see how installing a scenery would have any effect on your instruments. The gauges resolution is tied to the global maximum textures size setting, but the installer surely won't touch it.

You can set it to 2048 or 4096 textures size in the Addon Manager, but this won't increase the instrument panels, since the vast majority of them is made at 1024 size anyway so, unless you put the texture resolution slider to be LESS than 1024, there's no way the O'Hare installation could have anything to do with this, since the minimum size the Addon Manager would ever set it, is 1024, and that's already the maximum resolution for the vast majority of panels out there.

billchoo

Re: blurred instrument panels
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 08:01:14 pm »
My mistake.  You are correct with the cause of the problem.  Shortly after downloading the program the problem developed.  Somehow the "Global Texture resolution" slider was set all the way to the left (zero) which created lot's of problems.  I was also having the problem of the ramps showing but no buildings as described by others.  Restoring the Global Texture slider to the correct position also fixed that.  Sorry for jumping the gun and blaming the Chicago O'Hare Airport program. :)  Thanks again for the response.