Author Topic: FSXAssist conflict with Coualt  (Read 2912 times)

noto1125

FSXAssist conflict with Coualt
« on: September 09, 2014, 04:06:27 am »
Greetings All,

I would like some assistance. I use FSXAssist to allow constant connection for my joystick under FSX running Win8.1. It worked fine, until I updated to the latest version 1.20G. Now that I have updated, once I run FSXAssist (tell it to load Coualt.exe before or after FSX) Coualt does not load.

After restarting and running FSX without FSXAssist, Coualt loads.

I am about to do short flights, max 1.5hrs if I am lucky without the joystick disappearing mid flight.

I have contacted FSXAssist developers and they have given me a few suggestion, all which have unfortunately not worked.

Has anyone in the forum ever experienced such a problem?

I have asked the developers where I could find a previous version for me to revert to, and is waiting their reply.

Any assistance in the interim will be appreciated.

Thanks & Rgds,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSXAssist conflict with Coualt
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 04:45:04 pm »
It worked fine, until I updated to the latest version 1.20G. Now that I have updated, once I run FSXAssist (tell it to load Coualt.exe before or after FSX) Coualt does not load.

I think this close the issue from our side, something must have obviously changed in this release.

Now, when searching about your joystick issue, which seems to be common with Windows 8, I came across at this very long ( 53 pages ) thread on Avsim about this:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/393486-windows-8-joystick-megathread-problem/page-53

And this user ReeceMac1, which had the same problem, as many others, said that even FSXAssist couldn't fix it, so he asked for a refund, but he also said he could do a 2.5 hours flight in the default A321 without problems, and this seemed to be more apparent with PMDG airplanes.

It's quite puzzling, I don't have many suggestions to give you, other than trying to exchange the loading order in the EXE.XML file between Couatl.exe and the FSXAssist.exe, but I'm fairly sure you already tried this.

noto1125

Re: FSXAssist conflict with Coualt
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 01:18:39 am »
Thanks for your reply, it does seem as if I am up a creek without a paddle. Alot of persons with a similar joystick problem seem to be going back to Win7 as Microsoft seems to be passing the buck to the manufacturers of the joysticks or to the seemingly non existent FSX Support team.

I am waiting for a response from FSXAssist developer to see what will be me next move.

Ironically, all I have been flying is the AXE Airbus and getting only 1.5hrs if I am lucky. Just now ran FSX and the joystick never loaded.

Thanks again, and if anything new develops I will share.

Rgds,