Author Topic: Aircraft Position on Stand  (Read 4786 times)

vaa_a380

Aircraft Position on Stand
« on: September 04, 2014, 07:04:19 pm »
Hi,

Just downloaded GSX as I considered it a better option than AES which I used to have. One thing that I cannot see is how to change the position of the aircraft on stand. Because FSX loads it too far back in for example UK2000 EGKK scenery. Done a search in this forum but not come up with anything about it. AES gives you an option, once the aircraft is at the gate, to reposition it to the correct spot by a hotkey dependant on aircraft type. Read the manual but did not come across anything that explained it.

Regards
Phil

boilerbill

Re: Aircraft Position on Stand
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 01:08:25 am »
When that happens, I just press Y to enter Slew mode and then use the arrow keys to move the aircraft into the position I want. When it's done I press Y again to return to Normal mode.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

pilot3033

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 05:00:02 am »
If you are not at a parking stand (like if you start on the runway), you can use the GSX menu to pick a parking location and have it warp you there.

vaa_a380

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 12:55:36 pm »
ok thanks. I will give it a try although a post above this with the same issue used slew but did not align correctly.

pilot3033

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 06:36:08 pm »
ok thanks. I will give it a try although a post above this with the same issue used slew but did not align correctly.

Because GSX works at every airport, it does not take into account the nosewheel lines painted on the ground, but rather centers your aircraft in the parking spot as defined by the AFCAD.

dreampilot

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 10:17:04 pm »

Because GSX works at every airport, it does not take into account the nosewheel lines painted on the ground, but rather centers your aircraft in the parking spot as defined by the AFCAD.

Yes, that seems to be the case and I would love to have the ability to change the position of the aircraft (dependent on the model) for each gate. Who knows, maybe it is under consideration by the devs. Sounds like a lot of work, though...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 10:54:26 pm »
Yes, that seems to be the case and I would love to have the ability to change the position of the aircraft (dependent on the model) for each gate. Who knows, maybe it is under consideration by the devs. Sounds like a lot of work, though...

It is a lot of work, we have an internal editor, but is so raw and unfinished, that is basically unusable, slightly better than manually typing numbers, doing a good user interface for it, would require too much time, for something that will be used only by very hard-core users. Best if we concentrate on features that everybody could enjoy.