Author Topic: German Airports  (Read 5720 times)

mroschk

German Airports
« on: August 26, 2014, 05:06:13 pm »
Hello,

i just want to ask if FSDT ever thinks about creating Airports in Germany like EDDP?

Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: German Airports
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 05:55:15 pm »
No need to duplicate what's already available on the market.

mroschk

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 06:01:06 pm »
Hello,

You are right, but Aerosoft did a very poor Job here.
Airport Lights are not working in P3D since v2 as example.

But anyway .. ok

Matthias

( even if we had out discussions a Post starts with at least "Hello", no Need to be so rude to me all the Time )

streichholz

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 09:44:41 pm »
I just want a great EDDM...

mroschk

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 09:54:25 pm »
..me EDDP and i think here are much more..but ... ??? ::) >:(

Matthias

Hnla

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 10:10:30 pm »
Hello,

But anyway .. ok

Matthias

( even if we had out discussions a Post starts with at least "Hello", no Need to be so rude to me all the Time )

But thats based off of your own opinion, FSDT shouldn't do an airport already done just because of your opinion and problems that are on your computer.

mroschk

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 12:03:32 am »
Hello,

But anyway .. ok

Matthias

But thats based off of your own opinion, FSDT shouldn't do an airport already done just because of your opinion and problems that are on your computer.

How can you say that?

Try to install Airpports from AS which are ( as there describet ) compatible with Prepar3D but are not.
Then you will ask the same here and hope for others to do a better Job.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 08:20:27 am »
Try to install Airpports from AS which are ( as there describet ) compatible with Prepar3D but are not. Then you will ask the same here and hope for others to do a better Job.

It's even worse than the first option.

Suggesting to do an airport that another developer made, might have some merit, especially if that airport was in really bad quality ( we made airports already made, many times, KDFW and KIAH fore example .

But redoing an airport JUST because the one from another developer has bugs, that might be eventually fixed, doesn't seem to be a very sensible business strategy.

mroschk

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 08:22:55 am »
...there are no plans to fix this Airports.
I ask Aerosoft before.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 08:28:51 am »
...there are no plans to fix this Airports.

We can't obviously base our plans on what others say their plans are. It takes a lot of time to make an airport, and we can't be sure that, in that time, Aerosoft won't change its position on a fix, because users will ask for it.

mroschk

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 08:33:51 am »
.. if you read and (are willing to ) understand what they will say, then you will
understand that AS gives the ball always back to LM.
But why can FlyTampa and some other scenerie Provider create Sceneries for P3D ( or even give updates )
but not AS.
The answer is .. as always .. monay.
They will not earn any monay for updates.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:55:58 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 10:20:45 am »
.. if you read and (are willing to ) understand what they will say, then you will understand that AS gives the ball always back to LM. But why can FlyTampa and some other scenerie Provider create Sceneries for P3D ( or even give updates ) but not AS.

FlyTampa and "some other scenery provider" ? LOL, we were the first fully supporting P3D...since most of our sceneries already used 100% native FSX code for years, so we didn't had to do much work to support P3D.

When you say the whole issue is money, you JUST made my point: plans CAN change, regardless what you say on a forum, if ENOUGH users ( users = money ) will ask for it. The argument about not getting any money from upgrades doesn't really make any sense, they released many different versions of German Airports along the years, for example during the transition from FS9 to FSX, I guess if they don't want to release a free upgrade, they could always fix the scenery for the next paid release, but that doesn't mean we should work for a year or more to do from scratch what they could fix without doing a complete remake.

Now, of course, Aerosoft has every right to be shortsighted about supporting P3D as they seems to be today, but that doesn't mean we should bank on their strategies, that can obviously change overnight.

Now, as usual, please drop it, because FSDT German Airports is not something I foresee to be happening, and surely NOT because some bugs (under P3D only) in Aerosoft sceneries, don't forget that P3D is still a minority sim. You can bet Aerosoft will support it better, if it will gain enough market share.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 01:40:11 pm »
People also need to remember that Aerosoft is a publisher more than a developer, most of their sceneries come from third parties.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock