Author Topic: Only FSDT/ FB scenery not there on arrival  (Read 3180 times)

starseed

Only FSDT/ FB scenery not there on arrival
« on: August 16, 2014, 12:45:23 am »
I have several FSDT scenerys. I think they look great if they would just show up. At first when I was acquiring different airports everything worked fine,However now suddenly every time I fly to an airport when I get there most all the buildings are gone. This only happens to FSDT & FB airports! I have several other airports by Aerosoft Tropical Sim ect. never have any issues. I believe that couatl program is not working properly .I have all the latest updates
and the current Addon Mgr. and they are both listed in my pull down menu. I have read the forum and see that many others experience this issue. How can this be STOPPED! It seem for some the the updates work for others re installing the Addon Mgr. works. I have done this to no avail. Now what ?? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Only FSDT/ FB scenery not there on arrival
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 08:22:51 am »
they are both listed in my pull down menu

It's not clear from your message, if both menus are still there after you see the scenery disappearing.  If the Couatl menu is there, try to use the "Restart Couatl" option from its menu.

If it's not there, then it means it has stopped with an error, so you should enable Logging from the "GSX Settings" menu, and after it stops, exit from FSX and check if you have a Couatl.err file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, then post its content.

starseed

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 07:27:48 pm »
Yes tried that in the menu both are visible coualt/addon Mgr. restarting it does nothing couatl.err is in the appdata folder.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 10:55:12 am »
couatl.err is in the appdata folder.

As I've said in my previous message, post its content please.

Lude2Envy

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 02:14:46 am »
I have several FSDT scenerys. I think they look great if they would just show up. At first when I was acquiring different airports everything worked fine,However now suddenly every time I fly to an airport when I get there most all the buildings are gone. This only happens to FSDT & FB airports! I have several other airports by Aerosoft Tropical Sim ect. never have any issues. I believe that couatl program is not working properly .I have all the latest updates
and the current Addon Mgr. and they are both listed in my pull down menu. I have read the forum and see that many others experience this issue. How can this be STOPPED! It seem for some the the updates work for others re installing the Addon Mgr. works. I have done this to no avail. Now what ?? 

You're not running out of memory are you? I've had a couple flights where things would start to disappear before FSX would OOM and crash. Sometimes it may take a little while before FSX finally crashes, but you've already run out of memory so the sim stops rendering.
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD