Author Topic: IK Jetway Replacement Package?  (Read 3884 times)

A51Rene

IK Jetway Replacement Package?
« on: August 14, 2014, 12:43:37 am »
We all know the animated default jetway model and it is known for its erratic behavior.
Like this:
http://puu.sh/aOper/02456bb7bd.jpg

I have noticed this recent trend of more and more developers adding their own IK jetways to their products, FSDT being the best example. It is quite the learning curve (with the rigging and the broken system) and I applaud the few adventures dev's who have perfected this art.

Would it be possible to create an addon package that replaces the default jetway model with upgraded ones for users to apply to their scenery (default & addon)?

For example, it could feature several different models: high, low, basic US, European, Asian, glass, etc.

Or is all of this rubbish, if so: please say so. :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:44:27 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: IK Jetway Replacement Package?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 12:47:12 am »
It's not a bad idea, but if we just replaced the models with our own, they will surely have better and more varied looks, but the quirks and bugs of the original ones will still be there, because the animation is still handled by FSX.

It would made way more sense with a complete replacement of the FSX IK system, which is something we might consider for GSX "Next Generation"...

pilot3033

Re: IK Jetway Replacement Package?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 05:34:42 pm »
It would made way more sense with a complete replacement of the FSX IK system, which is something we might consider for GSX "Next Generation"...

It would certainly get a buy from me, as I have no desire to participate in AES's "Credits" thing, GSX has been great, and it's quite deflating (but rather funny) to see the jetways behave like newborns. Just yesterday I had at jetway at LAX decide that the perfect place to stop was 10ft from my aircraft.