Author Topic: Could you please write a manual how to uninstall a FSDT product  (Read 4163 times)

voyageur

Could you please write a manual how to uninstall a FSDT product
« on: September 14, 2014, 06:48:25 am »
Could you please write a manual how to uninstall a FSDT product but keeping at the moment AM and other(S).For example I have KORD and GSX living together under the AM control.I would lile to uninstall KORD(tooo old looking and wrong) ant to keep GSX.I deactivated the KORD from the AM but now every time FSX asks during startup do I like activation,no I dont. If it is possible also to explain how to remove any product uninstalled registry traces. Finnally, recently PC resources  needed  to run FSX and P3D with acceptable speed and satisfaction are very limited and your cuatl hags very "hard"...Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Could you please write a manual how to uninstall a FSDT product
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 11:15:14 am »
There's obviously already a manual related to everything related to installation or reactivation, and is referenced in every FSDT product manual. It's called "fsdt_install_guide.pdf" and is located in the FSX\fsdreamteam folder.

Not that it needs to explain anything about uninstalling, which is very straightforward: just uninstall it from the Windows Control Panel.

I deactivated the KORD from the AM but now every time FSX asks during startup do I like activation,no I dont.

It's not clear from your message if you wanted to Deactivate or just Uninstall. If you simply want to Uninstall, you just Uninstall. You are not required to Deactivate if you simply want to Uninstall and, of course, Uninstalling a scenery won't remove GSX.

You Deactivate a product ONLY if you plan to Reactivate it on a DIFFERENT system, in order not to consume an activation.

If it is possible also to explain how to remove any product uninstalled registry traces

That's exactly what Deactivate does. What you are describing shouldn't happen and nobody ever reported here before. When you select Deactivate, the product will go back to Trial mode BECAUSE your Serial Number has been removed from your registry and your activation keys are removed too.

What you are describing can only happen if your activation keys were removed (which is what should happen), but your Serial in the registry wasn't.

This doesn't normally happen, but it might happen if your having problems with your registry, like corruption of permission problems with your user account OR if your Serial Number was invalid/bogus to begin with.

So I went on checking your orders, and found that the O'Hare order made in October 2013 under your email address, has been REFUNDED by Esellerate in February 2014, with the motivation "FRAUD". This means, the original owner of the Credit Card filed a complain with his own bank, saying he never authorized that purchase.

So, it's no wonder you can't reactivate when asked a Serial Number that is linked to an order that has been returned!

Finnally, recently PC resources  needed  to run FSX and P3D with acceptable speed and satisfaction are very limited and your cuatl hags very "hard"...

Coualt.exe doesn't take any resources, and won't affect either memory or performances in the sim in any way, because it's an external .EXE and, by definition, it can't take memory from the sim, and will not cause any fps loss, since it got the benefit of multi-core multi-threading from the OS.  Here's a screenshot indicating that Couatl.exe takes 0.00% of your CPU time:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,2674.msg22219.html#msg22219
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:21:03 am by virtuali »