Author Topic: Aircraft lights and PAPI  (Read 4247 times)

desertratps

Aircraft lights and PAPI
« on: August 14, 2014, 04:01:32 pm »
Installed LAX yesterday and now none of the aircraft have strobes, nav or beacon lights. Also RWY L & R do not have PAPI any update on this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aircraft lights and PAPI
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 04:14:11 pm »
That's not obviously a problem of the airport, since it doesn't change anything on any of your aircraft files.

In fact, what's happening is probably the opposite: ANOTHER add-on installation, or any problem with your FSX configuration caused an issue that results in effects files not working properly, and both KLAX and all your airplane lights are affected by it, since they both requires effects to be working properly.

If you use the DX10 fixer, there was another thread about it, and one version of its installer seems to cause problems to all lights in the sim.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10666.0.html

desertratps

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 07:16:01 pm »
I am running DX11.

What about the PAPI for the 25's?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 10:06:18 pm »
I am running DX11.

If you use FSX, you run either DX9 or DX10, while if you use P3D 2.0, you run DX11, but then of course you wouldn't need the DX10 fixer in that case.

I guessed it might be something related to the DX10 fixer, because there was a very recent thread (which I've linked) that looked very similar to your problem, and you haven't said if you use FSX or P3D.