Author Topic: Heavy Parking Stand Outlines  (Read 3886 times)

N76055

• AirTeamImages
Heavy Parking Stand Outlines
« on: August 03, 2014, 11:30:12 am »
I think I brought this up a while ago back when expansive ground markings were not possible. It seems with the release of IAH this issue has been resolved.

As DFW is now home to many 777-300ERs (among other heavy jets) - which simply do not fit laterally or longitudinally at any of the current FSDT DFW's terminal D stands - is there any chance of an update of the terminal parking stand outlines to realistically accommodate heavy aircraft, from a visual point of view?

http://goo.gl/maps/YSGIB

In my opinion, this relatively minor fix seems to be the only modification the FSDT DFW needs (besides implementation of any new found performance optimizations, and the new Terminal B pier), as opposed to LAS and ORD's overhauls.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 11:31:50 am by N76055 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Heavy Parking Stand Outlines
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 12:46:03 pm »
KDFW is already DX10 compatible, 100% FSX native code and P3D compatible, and very good with fps.

The KLAS and KORD overhaul are way more pressing, yet users on the recent poll we had didn't seem so interested in KLAS upgrade, as an high priority. KDFW would probably be even less than that.

Which means, that fix might only come if we find some additional spare time, but right now we really have our hands full, with starting KMEM, finishing another large US airport we have been working at for a while, updating GSX with deicers and other new features and doing the GSX Cargo Expansion too.

N76055

• AirTeamImages
Re: Heavy Parking Stand Outlines
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 07:59:45 am »
Very good, thanks for the response.

It's better than not having a DFW at all!  ;D

Also wanted to pass on my thanks for the work that was done with IAH's ground markings. I very much appreciate the ability to adjust the AFCAD to suit my needs (gates D2, C14, C16, E20)!