Author Topic: GSX Crash at Startup (Regenerating Airport Cache...)  (Read 3649 times)

eulor

GSX Crash at Startup (Regenerating Airport Cache...)
« on: July 31, 2014, 12:01:10 am »
Hello Everybody

I searched the Forum but I couldn't find a similar Problem like mine. Hopefully someone can help me figure out, what's causing my Problem.

Everytime I fire up my P3D Academic GSX starts at first. I know that it starts, because there is the Notfication "[GSX] Regenerating airport cache (X%), please wait..." (Picture: GSX1.PNG)
While this Notification is display i can see the "Coutl-powered products"-Menu in the Addons-Tab. (Picture: GSX2.PNG)

But as soon as the Regenerating has finished (I think it finishes altough I'm not 100% sure because the Notification disappears from time to time) the "Coutl-powered products"-Menuitem disappears and GSX isn't executable. (Picture: GSX3.PNG)

I have tried new Installations, deleted the %APPDATA%\Virtuali - Folder and installed the latest Download, all without any Changes to the Problem.
I have no Anti-Virus programm installed at all and there was a Time when it worked.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this, or at least what the problem could cause?
Thank you for your advices...

Best regards
Roman Lüthi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Crash at Startup (Regenerating Airport Cache...)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 12:35:53 am »
This problem doesn't have anything to do with antivirus, etc. The program clearly starts, so it can't be anything related to installation or antivirus.

The most likely cause of a crash in the middle of the cache regeneration, is one of your scenery files that is either corrupted or not correct in some way.

If you turn on Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX - Settings menu, and create a Couatl.log file, there might be an indication of where the rogue file is located.

eulor

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 11:44:18 pm »
Is there a Way to enable Logging by editing the .ini File?
Because I can't reach the menu, before it crashes...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 12:27:08 am »
Is there a Way to enable Logging by editing the .ini File?

Yes, of course, open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe