Author Topic: GSX Installation Error  (Read 2234 times)

mdrinkle

GSX Installation Error
« on: July 15, 2014, 07:19:07 am »
I was trying to re-install GSX on my computer it went through the first part of the installation no problem. But after it went through the VC++ section and went to finish the install it gives me an error. "ERROR when creating patched vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now." I click on OK and then finish the install and afterward my FSX won't load? I tried downloading a new GSX from the website and same thing. Not sure what to do to get my GSX working again.

Please help
Mark

P.S. - Hoping I don't have to re-install FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Installation Error
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 09:10:06 am »
But after it went through the VC++ section and went to finish the install it gives me an error. "ERROR when creating patched vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now."

That's not really an issue, it only indicates your default vehicles_airport.bgl file is either not default anymore, or it's missing, but it won't affect the installation in any way, in the worse case, you'll still see the default two truck together with the GSX two truck.

I click on OK and then finish the install and afterward my FSX won't load? I tried downloading a new GSX from the website and same thing. Not sure what to do to get my GSX working again.

This doesn't have anything to do with GSX, and it's more likely a problem that has been discussed already here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10489.0.html

Follow all the instructions in that thread, regarding contacting me to arrange a Teamviewer session to check it.