Author Topic: FSDT LAX and GSX on nearby airports  (Read 2948 times)

Simjockey

FSDT LAX and GSX on nearby airports
« on: June 23, 2014, 09:56:29 pm »
Hi guys,

I have FSDT LAX installed in P3Dv2.2 and have just landed at KTOA (Torrance, about 9miles S of LAX), I cannot get GSX started as the only options available to me are to activate the four hanger doors at LAX - do I have to deactivate FSDT LAX to enable GSX at close by airfields?

If so, does this apply to other FSDT major airports? (I've bought KLAS and CYVR though not installed them yet)

Regards,
Paul.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT LAX and GSX on nearby airports
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 10:03:43 pm »
I have FSDT LAX installed in P3Dv2.2 and have just landed at KTOA (Torrance, about 9miles S of LAX), I cannot get GSX started as the only options available to me are to activate the four hanger doors at LAX - do I have to deactivate FSDT LAX to enable GSX at close by airfields?

Tried it, and it doesn't happen here, but since you haven't said which gate you were or your location on the airport, I can't test it reliably. What you are supposed to see, which is what I can see at KTOA, is the following:

- If you press the YouControl key ( CTRL+F12 by default ), you will see a menu with TWO choices, 1 = GSX and 2 = Los Angeles airport. The 2nd option controls animations at KLAX so, if you want to use GSX at KTOA, you should choose 1

- If you press the GSX Direct key ( CTRL+Shift+F12 by default ), you will go directly to GSX options for KTOA.

Simjockey

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 10:18:43 pm »
Wow that was a fast response virtuali,

I had just taxied off the end of 11L @ KTOA, activated the GSX dialog box as I usually do and only had the 4 options for opening/closing the hangars @ LAX.

Next time if it happens I'll try CTRL SHIFT F12 as per your suggestion - I'll be repeating this flight at some other time - have shut down P3D for the night.  The ATC (VoxATC) vectored me around LAX @ 1200ft for the 11L approach into KTOA, so maybe somewhere in the system my PC assumed I'd landed @LAX - though VoxATC was responding properly for KTOA - so it knew where I was.

I installed and activated LAX yesterday and when calling GSX, it was behaving exactly as you described - option of GSX or LAX, so maybe this is a one-off.  If it happens again I'll report it here.

Thanks for your reply and I'd like to praise you for such great addons for FSX/P3Dv2.

Regards,
Paul.

Simjockey

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 12:24:28 pm »
Update - repeated the flight, overflew the perimeter of FSDT LAX this time @1200ft (VoxATC vectored me much closer to LAX this time - beautiful at night), landed on 11L at KTOA and GSX worked without a problem - got the option of GSX or LAX and selected a parking spot for KTOA so all's well again.

So an inexplicable one-off.

Regards,
Sim.