Author Topic: (Modified) gsx_fsx_setup.exe is malicious?  (Read 4548 times)

Albert_C_Toper

(Modified) gsx_fsx_setup.exe is malicious?
« on: July 05, 2014, 12:38:33 pm »
Hello Guys,

Chrome said "This file harm your computer".
http://i57.tinypic.com/acbon4.png

Soooooo, This thing have a Malware?  ??? ???

If i install automatic(FSX Tabs -> Add-ons -> Couatl powered products -> Check Live Update and Install)
GSX Not Completely working
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 04:09:11 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: (Modified) gsx_fsx_setup.exe is malicious?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 04:16:25 pm »
Soooooo, This thing have a Malware?  ??? ???

No, it's Chrome that is defective and is mistakenly identifying it as such. We obviously reported it to Google to several support email address, but haven't got any reply so far.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 04:54:44 pm »
However, I tried downloading it now, with Chrome, and it doesn't indicate any warnings about malware.

Also, Google has a "Webmaster Tools" page, which can be used by site owners can report false positive found on their site, but it doesn't report anything wrong with our site and the issue is, in order to request a false positive check, a site should be flagged as compromised and appear on the webmaster tools page as such, but our site fsdreamteam.com doesn't, so we can't even request a check because, according to Google, there's nothing to check.

Perhaps they are flagging the executable (but it doesn't happen here on my system, I've just tried it now) because we host our downloads on Mediafire, which is ALSO used by many for piracy (although is a legitimate site that we have a Business account with), but if that's the case, I wonder how reliable could be a malware detection made that way...

Albert_C_Toper

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 09:28:01 am »
When i click "Hurt me plenty"
i ran the setup
and came an Error massage

http://tinypic.com/r/2q2hj0g/8

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 03:49:16 pm »
When i click "Hurt me plenty" i ran the setup and came an Error massage

That's an entirely different issue and it might happen for one the following reasons:

- Are you trying to install from a network folder ? If yes, don't. Run the installer from a regular disk.

- If this is not the case, is FSX is installed into the hard drive root, like C:\ or D:\ instead of C:\FSX or D:\FSX ? That won't work too.

- If this is not the case either, perhaps you registry keys for FSX are being corrupted. You can try the free registry repair tool from Flight1 to fix it:

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library