Author Topic: GSX wont open **SOLVED**  (Read 6107 times)

brendanS

GSX wont open **SOLVED**
« on: June 24, 2014, 10:53:37 pm »
Well this started about a week ago. I was going to take off from fsdt JFK and I pulled up to a gate hit ctrl+shift+F12. And nothing.. So I thought let me check the key mapping in the couatl powered products. I click key mappings nothing pops up.. So I click everything except "restart couatl" and nothing responded. I then proceed to click "restart couatl" and the hourglass comes up and the building disappear and the entire  "couatl powered products" is gone from the addon menu. And this keeps happening.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:31:57 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX wont open.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 01:36:00 am »
It's not very clear from your message if the menu disappears only after you open the key mappings menu, or when doing anything with that menu. Perhaps you have your preferences file corrupted, you can fix this by removing the following folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

If you customized airplanes or airports, you'll lose everything doing this, so you might want to backup the folder first.

Then REINSTALL GSX, using the current Full installer.

brendanS

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 01:39:36 am »
Oh sorry, the couatl menu from the addon drop down and the buildings from any FSDT scenery disappear when I click "restart couatl". But I will try what you said and I will report back.

brendanS

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 02:17:02 am »
It's not very clear from your message if the menu disappears only after you open the key mappings menu, or when doing anything with that menu. Perhaps you have your preferences file corrupted, you can fix this by removing the following folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

If you customized airplanes or airports, you'll lose everything doing this, so you might want to backup the folder first.

Then REINSTALL GSX, using the current Full installer.
Still nothing, I'm just going to uninstall every thing. And re install it.

brendanS

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 03:03:50 am »
Still nothing.. I've uninstalled and re installed GSX. I can't even open the add on manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 09:15:36 am »
Still nothing.. I've uninstalled and re installed GSX. I can't even open the add on manager.

What do you mean with this ?

1) You lost even the "Addon Manager" menu now ?

OR

2) Nothing happens when you click on it ? If this is the case, the problem is caused by another Addon that is "stealing" the focus so the dialog box for it is being forced below the FSX screen by this other product. Also, if you start FSX from another program, don't do it. Always start FSX from its own icon.

brendanS

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 10:43:10 am »
Number 2. That's what I thought at first, because I used to launch fsx through rex and it would mess with GSX. But I stopped doing that, and every thing worked fine. I'm not sure what would be causing it now, and I can't find anything that would cause it. I already uninstalled one addon I thought caused it but still nothing.  I appreciate your help though.

brendanS

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 11:30:10 am »
Well I went and tried to find another addon causing it, deleted some things andddd still nothing.I haven't installed any add ons recently.  Any ideas to why GSX still won't work even after deleting the app data and re installing? I get these errors sometimes
Faulting application name: couatl.exe, version: 2.0.0.2358, time stamp: 0x52c18554
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17055, time stamp: 0x532943a3
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x00011d4d
Faulting process id: 0x115c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf9114afa49b38
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: ee252706-fd08-11e3-8358-bc5ff4e60c95
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 11:37:53 am »
Any ideas to why GSX still won't work even after deleting the app data and re installing?

I get these errors sometimes
Faulting application name: couatl.exe, version: 2.0.0.2358, time stamp: 0x52c18554
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17055, time stamp: 0x532943a3

That's, of course, because the problem is NOT GSX or missing/corrupted GSX files, GSX is the *victim* of a problem in your system, that's why reinstalling it doesn't fix it.

Nobody ever reported this problem before here so, searching for the KERNELBASE.dll error on Google, returns with hundreds of thousands hits, indicating that it can affect any application, and it seems to be related to system files missing/corrupted and/or user profile corruption:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/programs-crash-error-fault-module-kernelbasedll/9fe5d2e7-79d0-42c1-b8dc-51ed8d70f749

Do you have an ATI card and use the Radeon Pro utility ? If yes, disable "API Monitoring" in that tool.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 03:06:30 pm by virtuali »

brendanS

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 01:08:29 pm »
While I'm not saying this isnt my systems fault, this error does not always pop up and in fact it rarely does. I do have an AMD card but I do not use the radeon pro utility. Pro utility doesn't seem to like 8.1. But I give up, I've tried everything. Thanks for the help anyways.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 03:06:18 pm by virtuali »

brendanS

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 09:53:06 pm »
Hello I got it working! I believe my sp2 bugged out, I re installed fsx and all is fine.