Author Topic: Have I A Problem or is it just me?  (Read 4051 times)

rhodges

Have I A Problem or is it just me?
« on: September 23, 2008, 11:52:37 pm »
To start at the beginning:

1. Downloaded JFK, ORD, Zurich, and the setup_addonmanagers for both FSX and FS9 two or three days ago.
2. Installed JFK, ORD, and the addonmanager for FSX and ran the trial versions.
3. Purchased the FSX versions of all three airports in the three for two package today.
4. Installed Zurich in FSX.

5. When I tried to go to Zurich, first I had a black airport with very little in the way of textures, including the aircraft. I rebooted my computer and restarted FSX and tried again. I had the airport, but it did not look like the pictures on the fsdreamteam website, so I don't know if it was just a partial installation or if I was still seeing MSFSX default scenery.

6. Removed Zurich with the control panel add/remove provisions. I selected NOT to remove the addonmanager. I then restarted FSX and went to Zurich and it looked pretty much like the previous textures, so I assume that I was seeing MSFSX default scenery both times. Note: I got the error message: Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):
Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version: 2,5,0,3
Company: Virtuali s.a.s.
file: bglmanx.dll
Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?

I tried once on startup without loading this dll and had no addonmanager. I restarted and loaded it and then had the dll but still had the error message upon startup of FSX

I did see a few heavy airliners, but very few (no more than a half dozen). There was a reasonable quantity of GA aircraft and some traffic.

7. After reading some other posts, redownloaded Zurich. My original download had 64,402 MB, (esimated as I don't remember the exact number for sure, but this was close). The new download has 69,608 Kb, so my conclusion is that for some reason I didn't get everything with the first download. I also downloaded a new addonmanager.

8. Installed the new Zurich and addonmanager.

9. Started up FSX again, and selected Zurich. My first try still had the above error message. As advised in another post on this forum, I rebooted and tried again. No error message and The new airport was there and is beautiful.

10. The problem: There are no airliners at the airport at all. I did see one in the air, but it did not land at Zurich. There are a few GA aircraft scattered around. Plenty of birds in the air (critter kind), ground vehicles, and people walking, but no heavy aircaft at all. Is this correct? The pictures on the website show a pretty dense quantity of airliners. Both JFK and ORD are filled when I select them. In fact I fear I may run out of fuel before being able to get a turn at the runway with a small plane of any kind (Just a little bit too much reality). I do have my AI aircraft maxed.

Any ideas?

RTH

rhodges

Re: Have I A Problem or is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 11:56:45 pm »
One added comment for my previous post to this thread. I am useing Ultimate Traffic, but I would think if that was the problem I would not have any heavies at JFK or ORD as well, and they are filled with all kinds of aircraft.

RTH

rhodges

Re: Have I A Problem or is it just me?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 12:02:14 am »
Just saw the post with the instruction to turn all aircraft shadows off. I believe that has solved the problem.

Sorry for the confusion.
RTH