Author Topic: Idea's  (Read 5505 times)

voodoo101

Idea's
« on: July 02, 2014, 09:47:30 pm »
Hi,

I thought I would share this idea. Don't get me wrong, I think GSX is a great add-on, I just think this would make things a little more realistic.

How about a bit of automation, such as you press start and it's brings up the stairs, start deboarding and the fuel truck comes, once that is finished then it automatically sends the catering trucks. Once the catering has finish and gone away then it can pause until you press a certain key and then boarding commences. Then it's just time to call for pushback.

When you land you select the follow me, when you park, shut down the engines then the stairs come and the whole things starts again. All automatic to save keep having to call the menu.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Idea's
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 10:06:08 pm »
You realize you can queue up multiple functions at once, right?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

johannvr

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 07:16:17 pm »
Bruce, can you please explain how to queue multiple functions? I can not find anything in the manuals. As far as I know you have to call up the menu every time for each function. Voodoo101's idea seems nice.

Johann

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 08:18:37 pm »
Bruce, can you please explain how to queue multiple functions? I can not find anything in the manuals. As far as I know you have to call up the menu every time for each function.

Yes, but you can do it all at once, all the functions you asked for will be queued and started automatically.

johannvr

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 03:57:00 pm »
Umberto, please then tell how? If I open the "Activate Ground Services" menu and select the 1st item "Request Deboarding" for example, the window closes. I then have open it again to make the next selection, and so on. That's why I support the OP suggestion of one selection and all arriving services like deboarding, refueling and catering is then done in sequence. Or at least have menu stay open so you can finish your selection. Now you have to open the menu three times.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 04:00:47 pm »
sequence. Or at least have menu stay open so you can finish your selection. Now you have to open the menu three times.

Yes, you have to open the menu 3 times, but you do it only once at the start of the procedure, than you can go on to the rest of your pre-flight checks, and don't worry about GSX anymore.

Having the menu to stay open, would increase the key press for users wanting to use just one function, because they would have to press a key to select the operation and another key to close the menu so, one way or the other, someone will have to press a key more than necessary.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 05:31:07 pm by virtuali »

johannvr

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 04:58:36 pm »
I just wonder how many users will use only one function and not all three in sequence? If there was a fourth one, like cleaning service for example, that too would be used by most, I think. That brings us back to the suggestion of perhaps a custom setup where users can pre-select the services they would use. Then only one key-press to activate the pre-customized ground services. From my own perspective, I think GSX is a great addon, but all the key presses to get things going is discouraging, so I seldom use all the ground services anymore.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 05:34:10 pm »
I just wonder how many users will use only one function and not all three in sequence?

Way more than it seems. Someone doesn't use the Fuel truck, because they have an external loader specific for their airplane. A lot of users use GSX just for the Pushback, etc.

I think GSX is a great addon, but all the key presses to get things going is discouraging, so I seldom use all the ground services anymore.

You are making a problem larger than it is, it's *exactly* 3 key presses more to re-open the menu, and then you don't have to worry about GSX anymore for the rest of the sequence.

We have far more important things to add first, like De-Icers, other new vehicles, and the ability for users to customize Pushback paths, which will all make in the next update.

johannvr

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 07:26:28 pm »
We have far more important things to add first, like De-Icers, other new vehicles, and the ability for users to customize Pushback paths, which will all make in the next update.

This is great news, thank you. I accept, there are more important things to add. I will live with three key presses, it's just me being lazy  ::).