Author Topic: Textures disappearing  (Read 2429 times)

ScottW

Textures disappearing
« on: June 30, 2014, 03:55:08 am »
I think I posted this in the wrong section, so I'm re-posting here.

I am at my wit's end. I recently had to re-install Win7 Premium. Got everything installed, including FSX and my add-ons, including FSDreamteam GSX, KLAX, KLAS, PHNL, KJFK, AND KDFW. Everything was okay, except on my last flight that involved several stops, the farther I got into it, the more textures were disappearing. On my final stop, KLAX, there were no buildings. I had to re-start FSX to get them back.

That was last weekend. This morning I logged on to KLAX again and most of the scenery had disappeared. Some light standards were there, some parked cars, some distant buildings, but nothing close up. I went back to KDFW, and it seemed okay. But nothing in KLAX. I flew to PHNL, same problem. I also fly the PMDG NG737, and the Virtual panel is mostly missing. I tried the LVL-D 767, and the virtual panel was there, but all the gauges were black. I had to fly using the 2D panel.

I fly with the latest version of MyTraffic, but suddenly there's no AI company.

I suspected something was wrong when I opened up the FSX splash screen, and the default air trike was revolving, except the only thing showing was the pilot and the windshield.

Here's what I've tried:

Reinstalled my vid drivers for my AMD Radeo 6570.
Deleted the FSX.cfg file and let FSX re-install it.
Played with the scenery sliders to see if anything would change. No joy there.
DX10 Preview is disabled.
I've reinstalled the scenery, and the planes, but no joy there either.

About the only thing I haven't done is a complete reinstall of FSX.

I'm running Win7 Home Premium with a 64-bit quad-core ACER desktop.
Intel Core i7-2600
FSX SP1 and Acceleration are all installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Textures disappearing
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 04:43:32 am »
 How well did it work before your Windows reinstall?  Your video card is very near the bottom end and I wonder if it may be over taxed trying to display FSX with FSDT airports as well as the PMDG NG. Video drivers can be finicky, have you tried older ones by any chance?

ScottW

Re: Textures disappearing
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 01:37:37 pm »
I checked on another forum and finally found out that I did the reinstall in the wrong order. I installed the Acceleration package before SP1. I'm doing a reinstall now.

And I have tried to upgrade my graphics card but it would also require a new motherboard. Anything higher that what I have requires two power cables, and my board only has one.

Thanks,

Scott