Author Topic: Warp to trial mode  (Read 14554 times)

zoran

Warp to trial mode
« on: June 24, 2014, 12:29:53 pm »
Hi

At some airports when I try to activate GSX I get warp to trial mode instead.

Never seen this before

cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Warp to trial mode
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 03:30:52 pm »
At some airports when I try to activate GSX I get warp to trial mode instead.

Assuming GSX is active, please indicate the airport when this is happening.

zoran

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 03:39:51 pm »
add on mgr shows its active.  Pajn and just now at LHBP both payware

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 03:49:30 pm »
Does it work at other airports ? Default or payware doesn't make the slightest difference, provided the airport is not in list of the Trial airports + FSDT and Flightbeam airports.

zoran

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 04:36:23 pm »
Its only working at FSDT airports

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 04:42:26 pm »
Its only working at FSDT airports

Ok, so this means is working in Trial mode. Since you said the Addon Manager reports it as being Active, the problem is not the activation but, instead, some kind of permission problem in your system.

Do you run FSX.EXE in any of the "Compatibility" modes ? If yes, turn them all off, which is how FSX is installed by default and it's how is supposed to run.

Is your user account of the limited type ? If yes (or you don't know), try to set the file properties for the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe program, to run "As Administrator"

zoran

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 05:16:49 pm »
FSX.exe isn't in compatibility mode and is set to admin

UAC is set to unlimited and couatl.exe is admin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 05:19:02 pm »
FSX.exe isn't in compatibility mode and is set to admin

As I've said in my previous message, ALL "Compatibility" modes for FSX.EXE should be off, and that's include the run As Admin option. Not that this should make any difference to your issue, but still is not needed, for FSX.EXE

UAC is set to unlimited and couatl.exe is admin

Try to enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings menu, and attach your Couatl.LOG to a message. Don't post it, Attach it to a message after having Zipped it.

zoran

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 05:41:42 pm »
ok

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 09:34:55 pm »
Your log clearly shows that GSX is in Trial mode, so it's not possible the Addon Manager would list it as Active. The code indicates that it reverted into Trial mode because you must have changed some hardware component, or updated the BIOS, or some of your drivers reported a new hardware ID to Windows.

When this is happening, you will see a message from the Addon Manager saying "Machine Mismatch", prompting you to confirm your activation. This will repeat at each FSX startup, until you confirm your activation. If you keep ignoring it, the program will continue to run in Trial mode, so it's entirely normal that it would run in Trial mode.

zoran

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 11:22:42 pm »
Thats wrong

Its Active. I  re installed gsx completely 5 min before sending that log just in case. I haven't had any messages about machine mismatch

Here we are again with pics

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm145/maksicz/th_gsxactive_zps8198b618.png

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm145/maksicz/th_trialgsx_zpsdf568f13.png
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:31:38 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 01:30:35 am »
Thats wrong

Your log clearly shows Couatl has got an "Machine Mismatch" 25007 message from Esellerate, which means the product is in Trial now, but as I've said in my previous message, it's possible that if Couatl.exe is not running under Admin privileges or with some kind of Compatibility mode enabled, so it's the same AS IF the hardware was changed, because Esellerate it cannot access the registry keys because of permission issues.

Here we are again with pics

There wasn't obviously any need to send pictures, if I needed pictures, I'd ask for them. I never said I don't "believe" you have the Addon Manager stating the product is Active. That's precisely why I've said there must be a problem with Couatl permissions or compatibility mode.

The Addon Manager is not getting confused by Esellerate, and is reporting it as Active, because it runs under FSX so, if FSX itself is not having a problem with permission, the Addon Manager will inherit its registry access permissions and is reporting it as being Active, but if you have a problem with Couatl configuration and, for some reason, it can't access the registry ( well, it's Couatl is not even TRYING to access the registry directly, it's all done by Esellerate ), it won't be able to confirm the activation. Since GSX runs entirely under Couatl so, fact the Addon Manager thinks it's Active, doesn't have any meaning for it.

Could be you have another Esellerateengine.dll somewhere in your system ? Try to look in the following folders:

1) the FSX root folder

2) the C:\Windows folder

3) the C:\ProgramData\Esellerate folder

Only ONE copy must be present, the one under C:\ProgramData\Esellerate folder, if you have another copy in another place, remove it. It has been put there by other add-ons using ( outdated ) versions of Esellerate.

Don't waste your time reinstalling GSX, the problem is NOT GSX. Nothing related to the Activation is ever affected by installing/reinstalling, the installer doesn't do anything related to the activation, the issue is your system is not allowing Couatl (or, better, the Esellerate .DLL ) to access your activation keys in the registry.

Do you start FSX from another program ? If yes, don't.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:32:50 am by virtuali »

zoran

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 04:06:50 am »
there is no extra esellerate file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 09:13:27 am »
there is no extra esellerate file

Then the problem might be related to permission issues. Try this: create a new user account ( with admin privileges ), and try installing GSX and starting FSX from that account.

zoran

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 12:00:32 pm »
There has to be another way. My current account is highly personalized and fsx running on network etc etc etc
It would take me for ever to set that up again