Author Topic: GSX Vehicles not showing up  (Read 17849 times)

coander

GSX Vehicles not showing up
« on: June 23, 2014, 01:10:12 am »
I have read everything I could... Well almost everything. Yet I have been unable to solve this issue. Before I start, I have no anti-virus software installed on my machine, so I know there is not a conflict there from what I have read. I have uninstalled and re-installed all of my C++ 2005's twice. Additionally I have removed all add-on scenery and software that would be of conflict from my PC as soon as I came across this problem. Now to the issue...

When I attempt to start GSX at a gate, parked. Everything goes smoothly... Until it comes time for the vehicles and personnel to show up. I get all of the notices across the top (Waiting for you action: Open ___ Door) I will sit there and wait, yet no objects show up. On a side note, it does not show what company will be providing the ground handling. It skips right to "Remember to operate the jetway."

When I land and attempt to select my parking space, my screen goes black and I get the following error,

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 135, in show
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 121, in perform
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 590, in prepareGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 844, in setGate
  File "couatl\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 55, in materialize
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 417, in makeTrain
  File "couatl\common\train.py", line 41, in __init__
  File "couatl\common\modelCustomization.py", line 315, in getModelForCouatlType
common.modelCustomization.NoModelInstalled: No model of type BaggageTractor is currently installed

Then it tells my Coutal has to restart.

I realize this appears to be a repetitive problem in the forums, but would certainly appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Vehicles not showing up
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 09:42:52 am »
I have read everything I could... Well almost everything. Yet I have been unable to solve this issue.

Of course, since your problem doesn't have anything to do with anything you have read, like antivirus, VC++ libraries, etc. In ALL these cases, you wouldn't even SEE the GSX menu and the whole "Couatl powered products" menus.

When I attempt to start GSX at a gate, parked. Everything goes smoothly...

Your program, instead, is showing and it's starting, so your issue is entirely different.

Until it comes time for the vehicles and personnel to show up. I get all of the notices across the top (Waiting for you action: Open ___ Door)

Are you REALLY getting an "Open ___ Door" message, with 3 underscores ?

File "couatl\common\modelCustomization.py", line 315, in getModelForCouatlType
common.modelCustomization.NoModelInstalled: No model of type BaggageTractor is currently installed

This indicates that you either:

1) Haven't installed GSX using the full installer. Perhaps, when trying to fix a problem you didn't have when you looked for the antivirus, libraries, etc, and uninstalled/reinstalled, you uninstalled GSX, reinstalled the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, but forgot to reinstall GSX using the GSX installer, so you are missing all vehicles.

OR

2) Another add-on has corrupted your FSX.CFG, and has mistakenly removed the default Simobjects paths from your FSX.CFG file, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10245.msg80149.html#msg80149

coander

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 11:54:33 pm »
Yep nothing. I have already tried all of these steps. On top of that now, Coutal crashes whenever I go to a DreamTeam of FlightBeam airport. Really disappointing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 09:58:53 am »
Yep nothing. I have already tried all of these steps. On top of that now, Coutal crashes whenever I go to a DreamTeam of FlightBeam airport. Really disappointing.

What do you mean with "now" ? You made some changes and then it started to crash too ? What changes you made ? The program can't just start crashing by itself.

I can only repeat and confirm, if you are getting that error you show, it means the program can't find its objects, which can be caused by the two issues here.

Another possible issue, you played with a custom airplane configuration, and made some kind of mistake editing it, which resulted in no suitable vehicle to use, for example if you put a door too low. But that would simply result in no vehicle to be used, but NO error and surely NO crashes.

Another possible issue, is your registry keys for FSX being wrong/missing/pointing to the wrong folder. This can be caused by other add-ons with bugged installer, or having used the P3D Migration tool, which plays with FSX registry keys. Also check the name of the AppPath in the FSX registry key to end with a trailing backslash (which is how FSX defaults to when installed correctly), as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10419.msg81066.html#msg81066

coander

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 04:18:25 pm »
That's just the problem, it is crashing by itself. I have made no changes, other than what you recommended in the previous post. I attached an image. In all of the baggage_loader folders there are no model files only texture files. Is that normal?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:30:56 pm by coander »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 04:33:55 pm »
In all of the baggage_loader folders there are no model files only texture files. Is that normal?

It's normal there wouldn't be any *model* files in the *textures* folder. The models are supposed to be in the *model* folders. The textures folders are NOT empty but, as you show in your screenshot, contains the texture.cfg to alias the texture. And if you were missing some textures for any reason, the program wouldn't not give any error, it will just display black objects.

But again, if you installed GSX using the (CURRENT) full installer, it's not possible that any GSX file could be "missing".

Why you keep checking inside GSX, when I've clearly told you that the problem is NOT GSX, but something in your system and/or FSX configuration files and the registry ? This, of course, assuming you HAVE installed GSX using the CURRENT full installer.

If you have installed GSX using the current full installer, then everything in GSX files is fine, and you shouldn't waste your time checking the GSX folder for something missing., but look in my previous messages for all possible causes, I've listed several, including the FSX registry keys wrong or not correctly set. Have you checked THAT ? What was the result ? Is your FSX registry key correct, as explained in the thread I've linked in my previous reply ?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:39:49 pm by virtuali »

RGoodson59

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 05:20:15 pm »
I dunno.  But I have the same problem.  I have been using GSX for some time and had no difficulty.  Suddenly I am getting the same error.  I have tried everything that you have spoken about in this and other threads here in the forum.  Cannot figure out what is wrong.  I even tried doing a complete uninstall using the uninstaller and reinstalling EVERYTHING, but After telling the uninstaller to uninstall GSX AND the add on manager and reinstalling GSX it still said all of my FSDT and Flightbeam airports were both installed and active.  Very strange.  Do you have instructions for a complete manual install?  I think I would like to do that and then reinstall everything. Not sure what else to do.  REALLY miss by chase car!!..lol

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 08:49:13 pm »
I even tried doing a complete uninstall using the uninstaller and reinstalling EVERYTHING, but After telling the uninstaller to uninstall GSX AND the add on manager and reinstalling GSX it still said all of my FSDT and Flightbeam airports were both installed and active.  Very strange.

Why you think this is "strange" ? We explained many times on the forum that the activation is NEVER lost when uninstalling, even if you uninstall FSX entirely, you won't lose your activation. The ONLY case you have to reactivate, is if you change hardware OR reinstall Windows from scratch. Your activation is stored only in the Windows registry, it's entirely unrelated to any files included in the installer.

Do you have instructions for a complete manual install? 

As explained several times on the forum too, if you want to do a complete uninstall (except the activation, as explained above), after Uninstalling in the way you said you already have, you should remove the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali
%APPDATA%\Virtuali

This will remove the GSX scenery cache, and all your GSX preference. You'll lose ALL your airport and airplane customizations, the ONLY thing you won't lose is your activation, but it's an otherwise 100% total uninstall.

REALLY miss by chase car!!..lol

Now you are not very clear: you said you have the "same problem", but thread is about an error indicating the Baggage Loader is not installed, with "chase car", are you referring to the Follow Me car ? So your problem is different, are you getting some different error message ? Or you just don't see the Follow Me car ?

RGoodson59

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 12:04:46 am »
I am getting the error in the coatl error log as he is.  Neither the chase car nor any of the other vehicles show up..the sound effects, etc are all there..just no vehicles.  I have included several print screen attachments in anticipation of any questions you might have.  The install error attachment was previous to my latest install but during the time I began encountering problems.  As I said, I am perfectly willing to do a manual uninstall of the program and just reinstall GSX and the Add-on manager.  It's just strange, have never had a problem before.  If you need to see anything else let me know and I will take a print screen and upload it.

RGoodson59

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 12:23:42 am »
Also, here is a shot of my fsx.cfg file showing the directories in the SimObjects folder.  Hope this helps diagnose this...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 12:26:09 am »
I have included several print screen attachments in anticipation of any questions you might have.

Have you checked what I've indicated in one of my first replies ?

2) Another add-on has corrupted your FSX.CFG, and has mistakenly removed the default Simobjects paths from your FSX.CFG file, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10245.msg80149.html#msg80149

The install error attachment was previous to my latest install but during the time I began encountering problems. 

The install "error", is not an error, and it doesn't have anything to do with this. It's just a message that is alerting you that, since your default vehicles airport .BGL is not original (maybe if you installed a 3rd party replacement ground vehicles set) or it's missing altogether, the installer didn't patch. It can't obviously patch a file that is not there, and it would be too risky patching a file that is not original anymore.

The one and only issue of having failed to patch the default vehicles .bgl, is that you might see two tow trucks, the default and the one from GSX. Of course, if you lost that file and it's just not there, you didn't had default ground vehicles to begin with. But this won't effect GSX in any way.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 12:33:12 am »
Also, here is a shot of my fsx.cfg file showing the directories in the SimObjects folder.  Hope this helps diagnose this...

You have the lines, it's just unusual they are not in order, with the UT2 line separate from the others. Not sure if this could be an issue or not, but surely your FSX.CFG has been hand-edited.

Try to reset it, by moving it to a different folder, and let FSX create a new one.

RGoodson59

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 05:03:29 am »
Tryed rebuilding the fsx.cfg file...no go.  I do use a configuration utility called TweakFPS for FSX but otherwise no hand tweaking.  I did install a couple of AES airports recently but not the ones I am using GSX at.  No additional vehicle add ons except for GSX ones.  Just tried it at FSDT KLAX and got the same error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 12:02:50 pm »
No additional vehicle add ons except for GSX ones.  Just tried it at FSDT KLAX and got the same error.

Let's start it from scratch. Clearly indicate ALL the following:

- The airport you are using. If it's not a default airport, clearly indicate the scenery used.

- The gate you were at when you called for GSX

- The airplane used. If it's not a default airplane, clearly indicate the airplane model used.

- If the airplane is not an internally supported one that you made a configuration for, or a supported one that you customized further, clearly indicate if this is the case. If you don't know or don't remember if you customized it, use the "Reset" button in the GSX airplane customization editor, to Reset the GSX config to default, and Undo any mistakes you might have done with it. Of course, if you are using an airplane that is not internally supported by GSX, you must Redo all the configuration for it.

RGoodson59

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 04:14:06 pm »
The airplane is the iFly 737-800 in Southwest Airlines Livery at the FDST KPHX and the Blueprint Simulations KBOS.  I just start the simulation on the runway and pull up the GSX menu to request a gate.  I think request the chase car to guide me to the gate.  I get the error I noted earlier.  Also, at KBOS I have used the United Livery and the iFly 737-900ER model and the same results.  Happens when I request any gate.

Sorry about the delay..power outages here due to weather.