Author Topic: Problems with FTX ORBX EGPB Sumburg  (Read 4248 times)

CaptainDuke

Problems with FTX ORBX EGPB Sumburg
« on: June 17, 2014, 06:36:56 pm »
Hello,

GSX can not process this AFCAD. After a short attempt ERROR!
Does this have to do with the crooked runways and parking areas?

Please help, thank you.

Regards, Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems with FTX ORBX EGPB Sumburg
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 09:13:19 pm »
GSX can not process this AFCAD. After a short attempt ERROR!

Which error ?

Does this have to do with the crooked runways and parking areas?

Not sure what do you mean with crooked, but if the AFCAD is made in non-standard ways, or even errors, then GSX will likely have problems with it.

CaptainDuke

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 11:23:14 pm »
Hello,

which ERROR?

The typical error message couatl the many crashes appear something like: "download the latest version of the Addon Manager Download and try it again."

With crooked runways ans approns I meant just the runways at one end higher than the other  ;D

Regards, Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 12:01:53 pm »
The typical error message couatl the many crashes appear something like: "download the latest version of the Addon Manager Download and try it again."

The message doesn't say just that. It also say what's the most important thing to understand what's wrong: it tells you to check error details in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.ERR file, pointing to the actual location in your system.

What's the error details file contains ?

With crooked runways ans approns I meant just the runways at one end higher than the other

Airport with sloped runways might work or not, depending what the developer did to create that effect but, in general, they are a problem with AI and AFCAD, and so with GSX.

Dominato83

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 05:54:31 pm »
I believe there have been problems with ORBX and GSX in the past due to the way ORBX creates their scenery.  The target users of ORBX airports (mostly small GA) and FSDT (Commercial and large GA) are two entirely different groups for the most part, with only a small fraction of ORBX products catering somewhat to commercial simmers (Monterey, Melbourne, etc.), so therefore, their design techniques are a little different, and one thing I've noticed is that their afcads and GSX don't like each other, Juneau comes to mind here.  I don't have any ORBX airports because the only flying I do is for my VA and there are no airports my VA flys to in ORBX's lineup, so keep in mind I don't have personal experience in this matter.  This comes from browsing the forums and seeing many posts about these sorts of compatibility issues.  If I were you, open up the AFCAD and check if there are any errors in the AFCAD (missing nodes, missing connections, etc) that could mess up GSX.  If you can't find anything, decide if you want the curved runway or GSX more at Sumburgh, and, if you want GSX more, reinstall the scenery using the flat runway option.