Author Topic: GSX new user  (Read 3388 times)

Rieder

GSX new user
« on: June 19, 2014, 09:34:37 am »
What a really great product.  Only had major problems with Manchester, got it working one day then the next day it didn't work again.  I finally fixed that and it all fell into place and has been OK the last few days.  One thing that irks me and it may just be my wrong way of doing things.  when I get to the point of pushback there are still service vehicles to each side of the aircraft, eg Stairs, baggae trucks etc.  I waited and waited for these to drive off.  Looked through the menu and nothing but reset to get rid of them.   Pulling back with them in place is really quite dodgy and the plane goes through one of the Stairs, albeit only at the top.

Thanks for the product.  It is really refreshing to see this level of detail and immersiveness in what is now an old program, FSX.  I never dreamed in the early days of Flight Sim with the quite simplistic programs we had that things would get to this stage.  I just cannot help but wonder what may lay around the corner for Flight Sim in the future.  But thanks to products like GSX we can enjoy 100% what we have now.  Thanks once again to one and all envolved in producing it and other fine products from the same source.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX new user
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 11:45:13 am »
when I get to the point of pushback there are still service vehicles to each side of the aircraft, eg Stairs, baggae trucks etc.  I waited and waited for these to drive off. 

When you ask for Pushback, all vehicles should go away automatically. Perhaps you forgot to close some of your doors ?

Rieder

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 03:26:17 pm »
No, all lines in the GSX menu were completed.  All doors were closed on the A320 X both in the cockpit and checked visually, all external power, cones etc gone.  Pre pushback and during pushback the vehicles remained, once I waited 10 minutes and still they remained.  A slight distance from the aircraft but not enough to pass them on pushback.  They were in the same position they started in, like 4 diagonals facing toward the aircraft.  I'll play with it and try to make them go away now that I know they should.  I have tried it a few times already and they always appear to stay there.  Also uninstalled and reinstalled GSX plus emptied the 2 folder contents mentioned in another post for another problem, just in case. ie C:\ProgramData/Microsoft/FSX/SceneryIndexes and C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl.

This isn't a major problem.  I can reset or ignore it.  It's just a blemish that you know is there and bugs you to death.  I will get this sorted anyway, will play around with it til I bother it to death and it decides to play ball.  ;D  :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 03:31:09 pm »
They were in the same position they started in, like 4 diagonals facing toward the aircraft.  I'll play with it and try to make them go away now that I know they should.

Now, this seems to be an entirely different issue: they haven't even *started* moving to your airplane ?

If they seem to be too close in their starting position, perhaps you are trying to use GSX in a parking where the radius is too low, but of course you can customize it with the GSX scenery customization editor.

As usual, whenever you report a problem, always include ALL the following information:

- The airplane used

- The airport used. If it's not default, clearly identify the scenery.

- The gate you were at.

- The GSX operation or sequence of operations you selected.