Author Topic: GSX and Traffic X  (Read 3359 times)

andreaportaleone

GSX and Traffic X
« on: June 15, 2014, 08:35:35 am »
Since I have installed GSX Traffic X no longer works and all airports are empty with no aircraft parked or moving. Just flight assistance has already been requested without solving the problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and Traffic X
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 10:07:49 am »
This can't have anything to do with GSX. GSX doesn't make any changes to your traffic files or your airports files. It only READS your existing AFCADs, without doing any modification to them, and it maintains its own private scenery cache, without touching the FSX one.

So no, it's not possible that installing GSX would affect an AI Traffic package, if your airports are empty, that's a Traffic X problem.

Have you tried reinstalling Traffic X ?

Rieder

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 10:38:38 am »
I was a beta tester for Traffic X, my name (incorrectly spelled too) is in the manual.  I reverted back to Traffic (was Traffic 2005) so that should tell a story.  Anyway, open Traffic X controller, you will need to look around in each function as I uninstalled mine.  Look for and set all planes and helicopters so they are ticked, set traffic to 200% with the slider.  Then create the traffic plan/movements so it sets a new TrafficX.bgl and save it,that should sort your Traffic problems.  Wait while it tells you it is finished, it takes a bit of time to complete.

Just like Traffic, Traffic X and probably Traffic 360 (I refused to purchase it after Traffic X) since in my view they are only copied from each other and a few embellishments added, I have problems with GSX.  The problem being the stupid helipad codes that were added.  I got mine working yesterday perfectly and today the problem is back.  Anyway, yours and my problem do not reflect on FSD or indeed GSX.  Just that unlike Traffic, Traffic X often starts with no planes.  JF are a brilliant company but just very lax at Traffic programs after the original Traffic (was Traffic 2005).  I could use Traffic X and get rid of my problem but it's just a PITA to use with silly stuff like planes in buildings, in fuel pumps, planes copied inc all numbering.  JF were informed of the problem during testing but they are still evident, I believe the same happened in Traffic 360.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 10:40:18 am by Rieder »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 11:21:55 am »
Sometimes, missing traffic might be caused by duplicate Traffic.bgl files, which might be common if you used different traffic products together, and didn't remove them properly, or tried to use two at the same time (it might work or not, depending how the traffic.bgl files are made).

Misplaced AI are instead a common problem, because of AFCAD files supplied with the AI Traffic product that are designed to enhance a default airport, but shouldn't be used if you use a 3rd party airport. This will create problems TO GSX ( not the other way around ) and to the airport itself, because AI will be misplaced and starting positions at gates as well.