Author Topic: Questions about Addon Manager X v2.5.0.8 Features?  (Read 5415 times)

JamesChams

Questions about Addon Manager X v2.5.0.8 Features?
« on: September 23, 2008, 12:06:05 pm »
FSDT Staff,

I now have Addon Manager X v.2.5.0.8 installed with JFK FSX v1.0 ...

1. What is/does XPOI (do)?

2. When I check the "View Optimize" Check box and click the "Save to FSX" and Restart FSX, the Check box still remains unchecked (from v2.5.0.5); Is it still NON-Functional?  What does/will it do?

3. Does the Addon Manager settings seperate all settings for each airport selected from the above Vendors or are they global settings for all addons within the list?  If they are local to each airport scenery package and this information is stored seperatly, then where (what file/location) is it placed?

4. Can you provide a (.pdf) document strictly for Addon Manager uses and functions with its next release?

Thank you.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 12:19:35 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Questions about Addon Manager X v2.5.0.8 Features?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 12:38:06 pm »
1. What is/does XPOI (do)?

It's our next product, there's a reference to it on the Home Page. As soon as the dust for the JFK release settles down, we'll do a presentation of it. Right now, in the Addon Manager, is labled as unavailable, which means it can be bougth yet.

2. When I check the "View Optimize" Check box and click the "Save to FSX" and Restart FSX, the Check box still remains unchecked (from v2.5.0.5); Is it still NON-Functional?  What does/will it do?

I think having already explained what it does: it's a feature that checks a building/scenery object position against your viewpoint and, if the object is behind you, it will entirely discard it from memory. This might have or not a positive impact on fps, but it system dependent. If the checkbox is not checked, the optmization is turned off. The default is with checkbox off and no, the setting is not saved anywhere, it reverts back to default when FSX closes. We are not saving the setting, because we are still not fully convinced of the benefits. Hearing users feedback might help.  However, the fact that the setting is not saved, doesn't mean the checkbox is non functional. If you enable the option, it will work: it will just go back to default when exiting.

This setting is valid for all sceneries handled by the Addon Manager,.

3. Does the Addon Manager settings seperate all settings for each airport selected from the above Vendors or are they global settings for all addons within the list?

These settings are basically a freeware FSX tweaker. They don't have anything to do with the airports listed above: they are global to FSX and are always in effect, regardless if you are or not at an airport handled by the Addon Manager, and regardless if you bought anything listed there. They are just FSX.CFG tweaks and, of course, by pressing "Save Settings", are saved there.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 12:40:08 pm by virtuali »

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 10:14:05 pm »
Thanks!

I asked this because I am having a lot of CTD's and lower single digit FPS since the installation of KJFK.  I read other posts about turning off the AI all together and several other suggestions and am still having these issues.  I also have issues with your new "snake"; might have to kill him in FS just to reduce the system load and have SimConnect work correctly with my ITRA ActivePanel-NAVSTACK again.  There are a few other issues which I'll post when I am sure it is NOT related to any thing else except my scenery settings or system configurations of JFK itself.

Thanks again for all the answers and KJFK is really a beautiful package; I hope that my system is fully up to it or it might be time to get SkullTrail now instead of later.

PS:  Kappa - Your Paintings are  :o ...
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 10:19:02 pm »
I asked this because I am having a lot of CTD's and lower single digit FPS since the installation of KJFK

If you have single digits at JFK, because you probably put all the sliders to the right, it might happen. I run at about 20-22 fps at JFK, never seen lower than 12. But yes, I can go to single digits, if I put everything to the right.

I also have issues with your new "snake"; might have to kill him in FS just to reduce the system load and have SimConnect work correctly with my ITRA ActivePanel-NAVSTACK again.

Have you measured the CPU load of the Couatl.exe process, to be sure of this ? It shouldn't be more than 1-2% of a single core. If not, it would be interesting to investigate, because it surely not normal, not what we have observed, and not with just a single product (JFK) using it.

teebirdie2

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 07:21:00 pm »
i had several addon install registered and working fine.  i them installed Bergen and now none of them works .  i am getting error messages telling me to update my addon manager.  how do i find and load the latest  addon manager.   teebirdie2@aol.com      Gene

andrewblan

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 07:32:52 pm »
Wow...this is a year old topic  :o

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 08:51:24 pm »
how do i find and load the latest  addon manager.

There's a link to download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager on each and every Info page of every product.