Author Topic: FSX ORBX FTX GLOBAL Compatible Terrain  (Read 8195 times)

pipeorgan

FSX ORBX FTX GLOBAL Compatible Terrain
« on: June 05, 2014, 08:32:45 pm »
I very much like the Hawaiian series. However the airports would be improved  if I could change the colors of the ground textures to seemlessly blend into FTX GLOBAL. Are their any plans to offer this as FlightBeam do with their outstanding KDEN?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX ORBX FTX GLOBAL Compatible Terrain
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 11:45:26 am »
I very much like the Hawaiian series. However the airports would be improved  if I could change the colors of the ground textures to seemlessly blend into FTX GLOBAL

You mean you intend to ask OrbX to change the colors of their ground textures to seamlessly blend into our airports...?

Our scenery blends with the FSX default scenery and with 3rd party photorealistic products for the area, like Megascenery, and it has realistic colors taken from real world aerial photographs of the real world site.

OrbX is a Global scenery made with generic textures that must be good for the entire world, or at least the general area of coverage, so they can't be accurate everywhere.

You just can't ask a developer of a scenery which is accurate to the real world location, to match another 3rd party product made with generic textures.

And, it's usually the product which is later on the market that is supposed to adapt to the existing products, not the other way around.

pipeorgan

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 09:28:57 pm »
Ok, I understand what you are saying but I do not use FSX or Megascenery. I just thought you may offer a separate download option like FlightBeam do with KDEN. I would watch them very closely if I was you as I am sure that is the way to go.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 10:47:57 pm »
I just thought you may offer a separate download option like FlightBeam do with KDEN. I would watch them very closely if I was you as I am sure that is the way to go.

As I've said, our goal is to make an airport matching the real world as close as possible. You can't possibly expect we would make different variations of it, just to match other 3rd party products which, by definition, are less realistic, because they ARE generic.

I might understand a request to match a 3rd party *photoreal* scenery, especially one that was already on the market BEFORE we made the airports, but downgrading the scenery to match a generic product which has been released after, it's just wrong: will it ever end ? Should we make multiple variations for each of the texture replacement products out there ?

Obviously not: we just make it with textures/colors taken from real world, if other products don't blend well with it, it means they are not accurate for this specific area, which is the general issue with a generic "global" product. You really shouldn't expect that such products would prevent the need to use everything else: if you really care about an area and want a more realistic representation of it, outside the airport perimeter, it would be best using a photoreal scenery.