Author Topic: FSX Booster 2013 fltsim.com  (Read 2783 times)

fls

FSX Booster 2013 fltsim.com
« on: June 09, 2014, 05:14:29 am »
Will the above program help memory exhaustion on long flights to the fsdt and flight beam airports?

Frank Schneider

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: FSX Booster 2013 fltsim.com
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 06:48:32 am »
Highly unlikely.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 11:12:25 am »
There's no "memory exhaustion" anywhere in our products and Flightbeam products.

In fact, of all sceneries around, our and Flightbeam's, are probably the ones that would suffer LESS of memory exhaustion caused by other products you are running, most likely a very memory hungry airplane.

The reason for this, is that we create most of our objects ( which makes for 90% of the scenery ), programmatically, ONLY when you are inside the scenery loading range, which is fairly short, usually from 10 to 20 NM around the airport center. This way, we surely don't suffer of any memory exhaustion that other scenery developers have to face, because if they do everything using .BGLs, they are entirely in the hands of the FSX memory management, which is known to be very buggy, and usually keeps in memory .BGLs that don't have anything to do with the area you are flying in.

I don't think that program you are referring does anything to improve memory management, since it's just a glorified FSX.CFG tweaker, with many of its functions already offered for free by the Addon Manager tweaks sections, but if you had memory exhaustion problems caused by your combination of add-ons ( memory hungry airplanes, too high settings, etc. ), that resulted in our sceneries being AFFECTED by them, because those other products exhausted your memory by the time you landed, they won't be fixed by any tweaks.

As discussed many times already, when CYVR came out and, being located in an area where many users already had too many add-ons to run FSX safely, and mistakenly thought that CYVR had anything to do with OOM, when proving this wasn't the case, the usual suggestions still applies to every other place:

- Lower your settings in the most dense areas

- Switch to DX10, which saves quite a bit or memory

- Don't use 4096x4096 textures.

- Use less memory-hungry airplanes (or configure them to use less memory, if the allow it)

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 11:19:26 am »
I can confirm that switching to DX10 helped and went down from High texture 4096x4096 to 2048x2048 instead, I haven't got a single OOM since :-)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1