Author Topic: How to remove vehicles or..?  (Read 5897 times)

namida

How to remove vehicles or..?
« on: June 01, 2014, 09:04:06 am »
Hello.

I'm having a severe performance issue whenever I start GSX services.
Usually play 30 fps with default airports, GSX pulls down to under 20 or 15.

It makes heavy stutter with Locked Spot view that almost impossible to taxi with.
I accept it is not highly related with GSX, of course it is mainly because large AFCAD of the airport.

The point I'm asking is, please let me know if there is any options or changing ini files somewhere to
disable entire ground service EXCEPT pushback service.
It is ok even pushback car disappears, unless the function of pushback is available.

My primary concern is frame rate and the only pushback function of GSX.
I wish there will be no misunderstanding about performance about GSX or FSX.

This is a humble question about a (yet unknown) performance tuning(or modification) and
I know there is license agreement, etc..

All I ask is the way not breaking GSX system and without making developers annoying. :D
Thanks in advance!!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:23:33 pm by namida »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to remove vehicles or..?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 08:43:27 am »
I'm having a severe performance issue whenever I start GSX services. Usually play 30 fps with default airports, GSX pulls down to under 20 or 15.

This is not normal, and nobody ever reported it before. It's ok a very short pause when all vehicles first appear al at the same time (when you select a parking), but it will last 3-4 seconds maximum, after that you shouldn't notice any fps impact.

The impact of a GSX vehicle is about the same of an AI airplane.

I accept it is not highly related with GSX, of course it is mainly because large AFCAD of the airport.

You don't say which airport. However, the AFCAD is not usually a cause for fps loss, unless it's being used to add a lot of objects and/or buildings. Or, it contains lots of error a too convoluted nodes structure.

The point I'm asking is, please let me know if there is any options or changing ini files somewhere to disable entire ground service EXCEPT pushback service.

No, there isn't. And if you remove objects manually, you'll get even worse stuttering, because the program will try to create non-existent objects. But even in this case, you should see stutters when objects are created, not *continuously*

If you are getting a constant stuttering and low fps while the service is being performed, that's just can't happen with GSX alone, there must be some other problem with your system.

Do you use, or have you ever used add-ons that runs using two PC connected by network ( client-server, with the Simconnect client installed on another system ) ?

namida

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 09:11:54 pm »
It is a good to hear GSX is not the one making a stutter.
But as a end user, it is the only noticable difference turning on GSX(stutters) and off(stutters gone).

I only use PMDG 737NGX and 777 with Active Sky Evolution.
And SquawkBox, ACARS for virtual airline PIREP.

No AES, no REX.
I did SP2 patch and fsx.cfg tuning. Even using lower resolution texture pack from AVSIM library.
Aso I don't use traffic, autogen either. (turned off and removed default.xml from Autogen folder.)

Not only stutters, even FSX itself become sluggish - small delay for view point movements, accessing FSX menus, etc..

I will try using GSX without any other programs and let you know.
Oh the airport happens stuttering is almost every large airport. KPHL, KSEA, etc..

I'll record the video if you want to see symptom though.
Thank you for help!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:34:18 pm by namida »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 10:52:31 am »
But as a end user, it is the only noticable difference turning on GSX(stutters) and off(stutters gone).

I only use PMDG 737NGX and 777 with Active Sky Evolution.
And SquawkBox, ACARS for virtual airline PIREP.

Can't you just do the same test, and turn off all of those add-ons too, leaving only GSX ?

namida

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 09:28:19 am »
Hi.

Within a few day, I tried record the video what is happening on my PC but it was not easy.

Well, it is same thing again but I'll tell you more detail.
When I run GSX even without any other *programs*, the result in FSX seems little bit better.
Programs meaning other windows apps.. like Chrome, Active Sky, PFPX, SquakBox, Video Player, etc..

There is very important thing. Whenever I run GSX, the whole windows goes sluggish.
All the mouse over menus got severe delay to respond, clicking a file on file explorer, even in-game menu in FSX.

And Failed to make a video because, the video won't make what I see, it only records 30fps only.
I see the stutters even on window system but can't record a video file. Haha.

So, I'll take a look if there is a chance to record this, BUT.
I think your answer will be obvious. (no offence) So I think I'd better drop off this thread here.
Maybe my system is so bad or I'm a bad luck person something.
And eventually GSX could be uninstalled someday.

The point is, GSX is making a huge CPU usage of at least 2 cores - almost 100%.
I'm using 3770K without overclock, 8G RAM, MSI 660Ti.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 10:22:40 am »
When I run GSX even without any other *programs*, the result in FSX seems little bit better. Programs meaning other windows apps.. like Chrome, Active Sky, PFPX, SquakBox, Video Player, etc..

That seems to prove that GSX is not the problem. Those are only the apps you can see, but since there might be hundreds of other services running, it's possible one of them is the problem. If the situation improved by just turning off what you can see, it's likely the problem will go away when you find which other one is responsible.

As I've said in my previous question, do you use, or have you ever used add-ons that runs using two PC connected by network ( client-server, with the Simconnect client installed on another system ) ?

You haven't replied to this, but it might be important: Simconnect communications can work in Pipe mode ( default = faster ) or TCP/IP ( slower ), if it's working in TCP/IP, on top of being slower by default, it's possible that if you have a problem with your network settings, it will result in slower communications using Simconnect, and that will slow down the sim too.

If you have a Simconnect.CFG file into your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX folder, try to remove it, to return to default.

There is very important thing. Whenever I run GSX, the whole windows goes sluggish. All the mouse over menus got severe delay to respond, clicking a file on file explorer, even in-game menu in FSX.

Nobody ever reported this before.

Maybe my system is so bad or I'm a bad luck person something.

Your system surely has some kind of problem.

The point is, GSX is making a huge CPU usage of at least 2 cores - almost 100%.

No, it doesn't. GSX runs entirely separate from FSX, inside the Couatl interpreter, and the CPU utilization of Couatl.exe shouldn't be more than 1-2% of ONE of your cores. See here a test graph:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,2674.msg22219.html#msg22219

Perhaps there's a problem with your FSX settings, try to reset your FSX config to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

Removing (or moving to another folder) this file will force FSX to create a new file with all default settings.

namida

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 11:00:53 am »
Surely this is what I exactly expected from here.
We can't see each others system, so it is okay.

That seems to prove that GSX is not the problem.
But this is not right. It only shows that *overall* CPU time can be used by FSX because less program has been loaded.
Also, the programs I run usually does nothing like couatl.exe.

It does not prove GSX is the problem or not, also other programs.

The only one thing I'm suffering is system goes extremely slows down when I run GSX.
It disappears as soon as I restart couatl from FSX menu.

I'll look into this what I can do - including your recommendation, too.
Until then, thank you for your help and it was helpful that couatl.exe does not use any cpu time.

I'll take a time to find out what is going wrong on my PC.

*quick update*

Found there is nothing wrong with CPU time.
I think usage of CPU goes up and down by FSX periodically. (from 1 to about 40%)
Couatl.exe don't use CPU time.

And STILL can't figure out why whole system goes slow down when only GSX is active..
I'll dig into this more..  ::)

*edit 2*

I tried to reinstall GSX because everytime when updated within FSX, showed up install has stopped, etc..
But chrome blocked setup file as it is a Malware..  :o

*edit 3*

I think it is caused by GPU throttling.

As I said earlier, I failed to record the video because it shows stuttering to me but not to recorded video.
Well this might be the reason that happens..

Despite I don't use any graphical enhancements, it is so sad that this happens to me. :(
I'll stick to this situation for a while and will check my Video card is defected..

Thanks!

about image:
1/3 portion shows FSX+GSX. (99% GPU load)
2/3 portion shows FSX. (GSX reset, restart couatl, 80% GPU load)
3/3 portion shows all closed. (0% GPU load)

*final edit*
The problem never happens with default aircrafts..
Here is another GPU-Z screen.

Thank you for your patient and helpful resources to make me where to find a problem.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:43:58 pm by namida »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 03:13:04 pm »
Found there is nothing wrong with CPU time. I think usage of CPU goes up and down by FSX periodically. (from 1 to about 40%) Couatl.exe don't use CPU time.

Of course it doesn't...

I tried to reinstall GSX because everytime when updated within FSX, showed up install has stopped, etc..
But chrome blocked setup file as it is a Malware...

It want's Chrome ( I use Chrome all the time, and it never mistakenly blocks our installers ). What blocked it, was your antivirus, if it's defective and it mistakenly blocks the installer, you must turn it OFF when DOWNLOADING and INSTALLING and, before FSX launch, configure it to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

But this shouldn't have anything to do with your issue, because Couatl IS running. But be sure you install everything without antivirus interference, because maybe you don't have the very latest version of everything.

*final edit*
The problem never happens with default aircrafts...

You mean that GSX with a default aircraft works without any slowdown ? If that's the case, perhaps your GPU is overloaded by your memory-hungry and GPU-hungry airplane.

Could be you have HEAT issues on the GPU, so it throttle down itself automatically in order to prevent damage ?

namida

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 12:31:36 pm »
Yeah FSX has been known as 'highly CPU dependant..', but
it seems that it has already begun 'highly both CPU and GPU dependant' era..  :o

I think I have to upgrade my box, though already good enough for other games.
I'm gonna stick to VC view while using GSX for a while. Haha.. Sad ToT

Regards, Peter.