Author Topic: Disable passenger boarding/deboarding sounds and fuel window  (Read 6733 times)

balronslayer

I want to use FSPAX for the boarding sounds, but still gave GSX show the BUS during the boarding time.  I also want the fuel truck to show up but not have GSX add fuel (due to PMDG limitations).   Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Disable passenger boarding/deboarding sounds and fuel window
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 10:21:43 am »
The passenger bus will show if your parking is in the open OR if you are using a 3rd party scenery with a fake jetway. If your parking has a fake jetway, use the GSX parking customization page and enable the "Parking has a jetway" option.

balronslayer

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 06:11:00 pm »
Thanks Umberto.  Is there a way to have the fuel truck show up but not attempt to refuel the plane?

boilerbill

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 08:31:51 pm »
Use refueling = 0 in the GSX.CFG file, as described in the GSX documentation (page 31).
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

balronslayer

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 08:06:00 am »
Ok, so I need to do this:
Locate the airplane.cfg file for PMDG
create a GSX.CFG file there and add:
[aircraft]
refueling = 0

save the file.  Everything will work, but I wont get the fuel dialog.  Correct?

And just to make sure, GSX does not actually load any passengers or cargo, its just playing sounds and animating.  So just disabling the sound of PAX loading will give me evry thing I want.

Sorry for the noob questions, but I only owned GSX for 2 days

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 11:06:42 am »
save the file.  Everything will work, but I wont get the fuel dialog.  Correct?

That's what that option does. It's there for better integration with 3rd party airplanes that have their own loading utilities.

And just to make sure, GSX does not actually load any passengers or cargo, its just playing sounds and animating.

Yes, for the same reason, GSX doesn't interfere with the actual loading process, it's just sound/animations.

balronslayer

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 06:21:56 pm »

Yes, for the same reason, GSX doesn't interfere with the actual loading process, it's just sound/animations.

Since the sound can't be disabled, can I prevent it from playing using the boarding_time_factor and deboarding_time_factor settings?

Thanks,
Your support is top notch!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 08:06:12 pm »
Since the sound can't be disabled, can I prevent it from playing using the boarding_time_factor and deboarding_time_factor settings?

That's one way those timing sliders are meant to be used. They control ONLY the simulated process of boarding/deboarding passengers, which in turns controls basically just the sound loop duration, but not the animations of the boarding/deboarding luggage or cargo, which will work on their own, with a length ( number of cars in the baggage train ) related to the airplane load.

balronslayer

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 11:18:24 pm »
Thank you very much Umberto.  Awesome product and awesome support!

balronslayer

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 12:03:07 am »
I am probably doing something stupid, but I set boarding_time_factor and deboarding_time_factor to very low values and GSX still plays the boarding sound.  I am not sure how to disable the sound.  What I would like to have happen is:

1) Tell GSX to begin boarding so that bus shows up, and it begins to load cargo
2) Tell FSPassengersX to start the flight, it will begin playing its boarding sounds and loading passengers
3) Sometime when FSPassengersX is just about done boarding, GSX bus and cargo trucks leave.

I am probably setting/adjusting something wrong because the GSX boarding sound loop still plays

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 10:14:44 am »
I am probably doing something stupid, but I set boarding_time_factor and deboarding_time_factor to very low values and GSX still plays the boarding sound.  I am not sure how to disable the sound.  What I would like to have happen is:

Don't forget to set the minimum time time too.

streichholz

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 01:10:22 pm »
I don't want to open a new topic so i ask here. Is there a way to change the boarding and pushback sounds? I love GSX but the sounds are a bit "robotic" in my ears.

Are there good sounds out there?

balronslayer

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 05:07:33 pm »

Don't forget to set the minimum time time too.

Doh, that is what I forgot.  So I set everything (time per passenger and minimum time) to zero and now it works (no sound).  Thanks!