Author Topic: After live update, coutal stopped working...  (Read 2836 times)

Captain Fred

After live update, coutal stopped working...
« on: May 26, 2014, 07:41:32 pm »
I was getting to fly and a popup informed me that a liveupdate was ready to be installed.
So I installed the update. Now coutal does not work. I am using P3D version 2.2
GSX worked just fine prior to this update. Now when I press ctrl+F12 nothing happens.
How do I solve this issue?  Will this issue arise every time I install a new liveupdate?
Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: After live update, coutal stopped working...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 09:11:30 pm »
It's not clear if with "Live Update", you mean a Minor Update, that doesn't require to restart the sim, or a Major Update, which requires to exit, download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and restart the sim.

If you got a Minor Update notice, it's NOT POSSIBLE that "Couatl wouldn't work" *just* because of that because, the Minor Update DOES NOT update the Couatl program. Unless, with "does not work", you mean you got an error message from Couatl about some kind of problem, which you haven't said, so it would be best if you say if you saw any kind of message.

If, instead, you had a Major Update notice, if you should have downloaded and installed the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, in this case, have you got any errors while installing ?

But in any case, you should be more clear about what do you mean with "Couatl does not work" ? Do you have error messages ? If yes, which ones ? Is not starting ? Is crashing *after* starting ?

Captain Fred

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 04:48:50 pm »
I am sorry I wasn't clear enough. I meant a minor update that doesn't require restarting fsx.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 08:09:08 pm »
I am sorry I wasn't clear enough. I meant a minor update that doesn't require restarting fsx.

As I've said in my previous message, you should be more clear about what do you mean with "Couatl does not work" ? Do you have error messages ? If yes, which ones ? Is not starting ? Is crashing *after* starting ?

You only say that pressing CTRL+F12 doesn't do anything, but that doesn't mean that Couatl is not working. Maybe it's just GSX that is not working, or maybe you have a key conflict with something else.

Do you still have the "Couatl powered products" menu under the FSX "Addons" menu ? Do you have it when FSX starts and it maybe disappears after doing something ?

Try to download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, that should always the first thing to try, when something seems wrong.