Author Topic: Scenery Overlapping JFK, tried everything! (FIXED)  (Read 7140 times)

jackieman27

Scenery Overlapping JFK, tried everything! (FIXED)
« on: May 26, 2014, 03:43:48 pm »
Hi,
Ive recently purchased JFK 2.0 and GSX.
They are both awesome products!
The only problem I have is that in JFK, default terminals are overlapping the FSDT terminals. I have read almost every fourm about this with no luck. I've tried Airport Scanner, Putting JFK #1 in the scenery library, and even just searching for other JFK bgls. Also, I deleted my OLD traffic 360 folder. I now have ICE AI.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated, I hope we can fix this soon!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:01:14 pm by jackieman27 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Scenery Overlapping JFK, tried everything!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 09:24:26 pm »
As discussed many times already on the forum, even today:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10299.msg80530.html#msg80530

Whenever you see default buildings mixed with buildings from the scenery, is NEVER a problem of the scenery itself, and it's ALWAYS a problem caused by ANOTHER scenery.

Those default buildings can only come from some other scenery, and the most common ( but NOT the only one!!) source of conflicts, are AI packages that comes with AFCADs, that should be used ONLY if you use the default airport, they must be removed if you have an addon airport.

Use the FSX Airport Scanner program to find them. But as I've said in the other thread, we had reports from users that some conflicting AFCADs couldn't be detected but the FSX Airport Scanner, which means you must find them manually.

jackieman27

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 01:08:10 am »
Like I said before, I have looked in Addon Scenery/Scenery and searched for JFK files, but with no luck. Is there any other folder to look in? Also, how am I supposed to find where the AI traffic scenery is?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:11:03 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 11:13:07 am »
Is there any other folder to look in?

Not that I know. But, as I've said in my previous message, we had reports from users that some conflicting AFCADs couldn't be detected but the FSX Airport Scanner, which means you must find them manually.

And, if the scenery is NOT an AFCAD, but just a regular .BGL, there's no tool anywhere to find them, you must find it manually.

Also, how am I supposed to find where the AI traffic scenery is?

They usually come in their own folder as many BGLs, with names containing the ICAO of the airport.

jackieman27

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 12:41:48 pm »
Alright, thank you! I will try looking today and report back.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 01:28:00 pm by virtuali »

jackieman27

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 11:00:35 pm »
Fixed it!deleted a file in scenery/global/scenery!  Thanks for your help and quick responses!