Author Topic: Just another couatl issue... **SOLVED**  (Read 3671 times)

kaspern83

Just another couatl issue... **SOLVED**
« on: May 23, 2014, 05:35:00 am »
I was flying yesterday into fsdt klas and everything was fine.. load up today at kden flightbeam not working.. go check all my other fsdt sceneries and none of them are working, I checked under addon manager all of them say installed and active. I uninstalled the manager along with couatl and reinstalled with newest version and still nothing. I loaded up free flight, I do have the addon manager along with couatl powered "whatever" in the menu.. As soon as I load up fsdt scenery the couatl dissapeares from the menu but addon manager is there. I Uninstalled everysingle flightbeam and fsdt scenery, reinstalled one by one it seemed to work but now once again it doesnt.. I loaded one at a time went into fsx, confirmed everything was working and exited, installed a 2nd scenery and repeted the process for all the sceneries and gsx.  This couatl engine has been a nightmare for me ever since ive purchased most of the sceneries where randomly the sceneries would not work until i uninstalled the addon manager and reinstalled it. Please shed some light on this, thank you.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:28:18 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Just another couatl issue...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 10:06:56 am »
This couatl engine has been a nightmare for me ever since ive purchased most of the sceneries where randomly the sceneries would not work until i uninstalled the addon manager and reinstalled it

Your only other post on this forum was about a problem with JFK caused by another scenery in conflict. When you have problems, don't try to fix them on your own, and ask here first.

There wasn't any need to uninstall anything. Just be sure you use the *current* version of the Addon Manager, which means downloading and installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX, AFTER every other scenery.

About Flightbeam, if you have KDEN, be sure you updated it to the 1.1 version.

kaspern83

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 03:21:36 pm »
I end up having multiple entries for addon manager in my add/remove programs list.. is that typical? Im going to try to update to 1.1 later. It wasmt automatic update via addon manager or couatl?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 10:54:42 pm »
I end up having multiple entries for addon manager in my add/remove programs list.. is that typical?

It could, if you removed some files manually at some stage, without using the proper uninstaller procedure. And, if you have P3D too, you'll have at least two entries.

However, having several entries in the Control Panel is not a problem, it's just cosmetic issue, it doesn't mean you have multiple copies of the program, if you want to get rid of them, uninstall them all, and then reinstall any product that comes with the Addon Manager, like KDEN 1.1, and then the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, but be absolutely sure you use the current installer.

Im going to try to update to 1.1 later. It wasmt automatic update via addon manager or couatl?

No, it's an update of the scenery itself, which requires either the patches or the new installer on the Flightbeam site.

kaspern83

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 12:30:54 am »
OK, looks like that fixed it. Im not sure if updating kden to 1.1 fixed it or reinstalling addon manager with kaspersky completely closed did it. Ive been running this security software forever and only had random issues with the building dissapearing. Reinstall of addon manager with kaspersky running still fixed issues for me before. Thank you for your help and I hope I wont come across anymore issues. Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 11:28:08 am »
OK, looks like that fixed it. Im not sure if updating kden to 1.1 fixed it

Yes, it did, the KDEN 1.1 update is mandatory, once you accept the latest Live Update, we added a not in the Live Update release notes that can be read before accepting the update, to make it more clear.