Author Topic: Scenery not working  (Read 6191 times)

Ben19

Scenery not working
« on: December 17, 2015, 07:13:17 pm »
Hello to all,

just starte3d to get into P3D V3 some weeks ago and finally bought JFK V2 as well.
After installing i choose the airport, however have been surprised about the textures of the scenery and textures. The roofs semm to be missing, ther are altitude changes, bridges for the taxiway also disappered.
Pls also see the attached images.
Besides JFK i run FTX Global and FTX Vector. Is this lknown and a solution available?  ???
I tried several re-installs, all of them have been without succes.

Thanks in advance for your support.
Best regards, Ben

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Scenery not working
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 09:20:18 pm »
If you are seeing parts of buildings missing, it means the scenery is installed correctly and the software is running correctly too. Missing parts are a problem of video driver settings and/or sim settings.

Try this:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

If that doesn't work, be sure that:

- P3D is NOT running into "Compatibility" mode, like XP or Windows 7 compatibility under Windows 8 or 10. This will cause video driver bugs and also slower performances.

- No other addon that starts with the sim runs into "Compatibility" mode.

- DO NOT use the P3D Migration Tool, because our products properly recognize P3D, so it must not be faked to look like FSX.

Ben19

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 11:49:21 am »
Hi Umberto,

thanks for your message.
Tried the following things:

- Video driver - updated but dont htink this is the root cause since every otjer airport is working fine and there are no graphic issues
- reste drivers to default - see above

the other poitns:
- P3d in compatibility mode - negative, am runnign P3D under Windows 7
- other addons starting under compatibility mode - negative, all are runing fine
- Migration tool is not used, installation happened under P3DV3

Did a complete reinstall this morning after downloading the installer from the homepage again.

I am also running FTX Global and Vector, may there be an issue with that? Just aksing because the taxiway brigdges are looking like the attached pic. Besiedes this, In P3D scenery selection there are only GA Gates available - is this correct?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and have some very nice holidays.

Ben

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 01:13:35 pm »
- Video driver - updated but dont htink this is the root cause since every otjer airport is working fine and there are no graphic issues
- reste drivers to default - see above

Fact that other airports are working doesn't mean much. 99% of the other developer sceneries out there use old-style FS8 ground polygons, which are treated differently by the sim, runs through a different shader (so they trigger different code paths of the video drivers) and are obviously much slower because of this.

Since we use 100% native FSX materials, we also require the video driver to work without bugs or non-correct tweaks not being incorrectly applied (for example, non-documented tweaks suggested on websites that don't really apply to your card).

So, have you RESET your video driver to default ?

Have you tried a CLEAN video driver installation, rather than a default installation ? It's an option available during the driver install.

- P3d in compatibility mode - negative, am runnign P3D under Windows 7

This this mean much. Fact you are running under Window 7, doesn't automatically mean you don't run in a Compatibility mode. You might run into XP or Vista Compatibility under Windows 7.

To be SURE of this, you must check the Properties for Prepar3D.exe

- other addons starting under compatibility mode - negative, all are runing fine

Fact they are "running fine" doesn't mean anything. Maybe they NEED to run in Compatibility to run fine, because they are not really compatible with Windows 7. Unfortunately, if one of them that starts with the sim sets the Compatibility mode for itself, it would affect the whole sim to run in Compatibility mode, with the same adverse of video driver performances and added bugs.

Which is why, I told you to be SURE of this, and check all your other addons that starts with the sim, to NOT have any of their Compatibility modes enabled.

Did a complete reinstall this morning after downloading the installer from the homepage again.

If you mean the FSDT JFK V2 installer, it's obvious you won't find any difference by reinstalling it, since the problem is NOT the scenery. In fact, this should be the main proof the problems lies elsewhere, otherwise everybody would have this issue too.

The very few users that had these issues, all fixed by applying the solution I already posted in the previous message.

I am also running FTX Global and Vector, may there be an issue with that? Just aksing because the taxiway brigdges are looking like the attached pic

Other sceneries in conflict cannot cause *parts* of objects being invisible. Only a problem with video driver and/or the sim (or another addon) running in Compatibility mode could cause this.

Besiedes this, In P3D scenery selection there are only GA Gates available - is this correct?

Yes, it is. As discussed many times on the forum, all our later sceneries are made like that, in order to be sure you won't have the fps-killing and ugly looking default ground vehicles conflicting with the fast custom ones we already have in the parking.

And, since GSX will allow you to select a parking and move the airplane there using a way more realistic naming convention, you can simply use that, and ignore how the sim would list the parking in its own parking selection menu.

Have you seen P3D has been just updated to 3.1 ? Try to install the update, maybe this might fix your issue.

Ben19

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 04:12:13 pm »
Hi Umberto,

thanks again for your message.
Did the following: Install ne graphics driver  Nvidia 361.43 for my GTX970 and rest the display setting in P3D.
Finally it sems to be working, pls see attachment.

Thanks again for oyur help, now i will enjoy fliying to JFK  :)

Again, have some nice christmas holidaqys and a good start into 2016.