Author Topic: Aircraft at KJFK  (Read 6341 times)

colfmedion

Aircraft at KJFK
« on: May 17, 2014, 03:12:47 pm »
Hi,
Following PC Crash had to reinstall Windows. There are no aircraft Static or otherwise visible at kjfk v1.2 fsx. Ground vehicles are visible. I have reloaded kjfk several times. No problems at any other airports including DreamTeam KLAX. I am sure it is something simple but I cannot sort it.
Any help gratefully received.

Colf

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Aircraft at KJFK
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 12:46:34 am »
What aircraft are you expecting to see?

colfmedion

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 07:01:09 am »
Hi,
Expect to see lots of aircraft at gates and aircraft movements, as I had before and have at all other airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 06:48:01 pm »
Following PC Crash had to reinstall Windows. There are no aircraft Static or otherwise visible at kjfk v1.2 fsx.

None of our scenery ever included static airplanes so, it's normal you won't see them.

If, with "static aircraft", you mean "AI airplanes", which are of course an entirely different thing, the problem might be related to the traffic package you use, surely not the scenery.

Check all the following:

- You shouldn't have two conflicting traffic.bgl files in your system

- You use traffic models made for FSX. If you don't, try to turn off the "Airplane cast shadows on ground" OFF option.

- Your AI models are correctly labeled with their airline codes. The default AI aren't.

colfmedion

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 04:43:36 pm »
Have resolved my issue by restoring a drive image: now have aircraft at KJFK. I did find 1 duplicate traffic file but removing it made no difference. I can only assume that by restoring a drive image something that was missing has now been replaced.
Thanks for help

RobertO1035

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 06:58:27 am »
This is a real mystery where the static aircraft are coming from, if FSDT doesn't place them in the scenery.  I have no other addon airports installed in the NY area.  I have My Traffic Professional.  But, I don't think they provide static aircraft, as well as AI...

Any thoughts?  I'd like to get rid of all the static aircraft.

Thanks!