Author Topic: Addon Manager- No internet connection  (Read 5357 times)

Kilstorm

Addon Manager- No internet connection
« on: May 14, 2014, 03:44:20 am »
Out of the blue I'm starting to have some FSX issues and not sure exactly what is going on.  When i download the Addon Manager and run it, I get a prompt saying I do not have an internet connection and will finish running after I click on whatever it is that allows it to finsih running without the internet connection. I have an internet connection.

Then inside the sim, when I try and update the coutal I get a prompt saying Im missing some files and it wont update that way.

What is my next step to resolve this?  Many thanks in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager- No internet connection
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 10:51:05 am »
Out of the blue I'm starting to have some FSX issues and not sure exactly what is going on.  When i download the Addon Manager and run it, I get a prompt saying I do not have an internet connection and will finish running after I click on whatever it is that allows it to finsih running without the internet connection. I have an internet connection.

Are you sure you downloaded the current Addon Manager ? Because, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10280.msg80220.html#msg80220

Downloading the current Addon Manager is exactly what will *FIX* this problem from happening.

If you are SURE you are using the current Addon Manager, and still getting that message, then the problem is likely caused by your antivirus or firewall, that are blocking online access to the Addon Manager installer. In this case, you must disable every antivirus/firewall program while installing it.

Kilstorm

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 02:23:33 am »
I dont have any anti virus on my sim computer as I dont go online with it outside downloading real weather.  When I run it in P3Dv2.2 it does a complete install. When I select FSX I get the no internet connection. Any idea what it could be or how I should go about trouble shooting this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 10:21:49 am »
When I run it in P3Dv2.2 it does a complete install. When I select FSX I get the no internet connection.

This means you have installed the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager only in P3D, and not in FSX, so the Updater program is still outdated in the FSX folder. If you run both sims on the same installation, you must install the updated Addon Manager in both sims.

Kilstorm

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 06:27:50 pm »
Thats my problem.  Using the same Stand Alone Addon Manager, it goes into P3D with no issue but when I try to install it into FSX, I get the "I have no internet connection".  I tried putting KDEN in as well but get the no internet connection so it defaults to stuff already installed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 12:31:11 am »
Thats my problem.  Using the same Stand Alone Addon Manager, it goes into P3D with no issue but when I try to install it into FSX, I get the "I have no internet connection". 

Then you are not using the most current version. Download the current version, even if you downloaded it very recently.

Kilstorm

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 05:26:21 am »
I have 4 downloads of it of current downloading.  The last download was from 24 hours ago.  Its the same download that allows a full install into P3D but doesnt go into FSX.  I'm noticing a few things in my FSX use that has got me thinking something has gone foul. I have no idea what might be causing this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 07:09:50 pm »
I have 4 downloads of it of current downloading

If you see that error, it means you don't have the current version. Perhaps your browser is playing tricks on you by caching, so you are still getting the old installer over and over.

Try to clear your browser cache and download it again. To be absolutely sure of your download, check the date of the Digital Signature on the installer file Properties. The timestamp should be May 12th.

Its the same download that allows a full install into P3D but doesnt go into FSX.

There's no such thing as a download that allows P3D but doesn't allow FSX. If P3D is detected, you are offer the choice to install it there, but if you say NO, it will automatically go into FSX, without asking, by clearly indicating that is going to install into FSX BECAUSE you said NO to P3D.

If it doesn't go into FSX, it's because your FSX registry keys might be missing or pointing to the wrong folder. This is possibly caused by the P3D Migration Tool, which should be ALWAYS disabled when using proper P3D installers like our own, because it modifies the FSX registry to point to P3D.